Serenity tours St.Lucia

samom

I have tried various search engines on this site and have not found anyone who has commented on this tour operator. They have a hotel day pass/ snorkeling combo. Anyone have experience with this tour?

TripAdvisor has hundreds of reviews of Serenity TVL. Serenity generally works more with land-based visitors, hence not many reviews or comments on CruiseCritic. They do work with cruise guests, no problem.

Their day pass/snorkelling combo is to Ti Kaye resort. You can see many reviews of Ti Kaye, and their day pass, here on TA - including the one you posted on. IT is $5 less to use Serenity for the day pass than booking through Ti Kaye direct with their added boat transfer. That could make a difference I suppose. Otherwise, it is exactly the same thing as the Ti Kaye day pass. And no, you don't see the Pitons. Ti Kaye is not near the Pitons.

Enjoy, whatever you decide to do.

Thanks so much. I found the info on Tripadvisor and was trying to check it out on this forum also. Your explanation makes sense. Do you know of any other resort day pass options that come with transportation and we could view the Pitons. St. Lucia Luxury Day Excursions go to Anse Chastenet and Jade Mountain. Have not seen any reviews on them.

Thanks so much. I found the info on Tripadvisor and was trying to check it out on this forum also. Your explanation makes sense. Do you know of any other resort day pass options that come with transportation and we could view the Pitons. St. Lucia Luxury Day Excursions go to Anse Chastenet and Jade Mountain. Have not seen any reviews on them.

Never heard of them. I know there is a VIP tour that includes AC and Jade, at a truly exorbitant price! There is also the Jade Sanctuary Experience I've seen that is somewhere around $2200 per couple - again, sheer extortion - even a room at Jade itself with an AI package overnight is not that expensive! lol.

There are no AI resorts in the Soufriere (Piton) area, hence no day passes along those lines. Keep one thing in mind about St. Lucia though - all beaches (and that means ALL) are public. You can take any number of tours or taxis that stop at Jalousie beach at the base of the Pitons. Some are just for an hour or so as part of a full day tour (Cosol, Spencer, Herod's, Joe Knows, etc) and some are a full day by the beach there (Spencer's beach break, take a taxi, etc) Those may be more to your tastes, especially the Spencer Beach Break, as that is about 4-5 hours by the beach, drinks cooler, and lunch, and you are usually the first ones to the beach, so you have a pick of the free loungers and shade that the resort provides for day visitors (you don't have to stay in this area, it is a courtesy the resort provides, but the beach is public - you can put your stuff down anywhere along the beach you like, excluding resort property such as umbrellas and chairs). Excellent walk out snorkelling as it is a marine preserve area. Spencer provides some snorkel gear (I think) or you can rent from the resort. You can also patronize the beach bar and restaurant if you like. May be a good fit.

Good luck with your choices!

• 1 month later...

Our group of 13 is booked with Serenity on our cruise in May. I am hoping I can come back with a glowing review! I found this company through Trip Advisor. We are taking the Island Tour, which is a full day of sightseeing. We will be having lunch at a restaurant in full view of the Pitons which is one of the reasons we booked this tour. Inconsistent reviews of other operators combined with concerns over access to the boats on land/water tours made me look elsewhere than the standard CC recommendations. There are some in our group with real concerns over being able to access the speed boats used on these tours, or even tolerate the ride back.

I love CC and have found that most of the recommended operators are top notch and have seldom let us down. But over the years I have also come to the conclusion that we here on CC get into a tour operator "rut" so to speak and very seldom venture off one path. That doesn't mean that there aren't other operators out there who aren't just as good, if not better. Since Serenity is so highly rated on TA and their tour fits our needs better I am willing to try them out.:)

Archived