Michael Godard art

greek princess

My husband and I sailed a few years ago on golden and grand princess. We admired the art by Michael Godard shown on board but never bought. I wish we had. There are certain pieces sold on board that cannot be bought on land. The piece we loved was called cruise martini. Has anyone heard of it? Own one/ want to sell?? :p

We bought two of his pieces in April on our cruise. We too love his art, and I had looked on e-bay over Christmas but could not find anything I could afford! He also has a great website. Not familiar with the piece you are speaking of, but maybe ask someone from an upcoming cruise (go to the roll-calls section) to take a peek and see if they still have it.

My husband and I sailed a few years ago on golden and grand princess. We admired the art by Michael Godard shown on board but never bought. I wish we had. There are certain pieces sold on board that cannot be bought on land. The piece we loved was called cruise martini. Has anyone heard of it? Own one/ want to sell?? :p

You mean ????

thumb.php?type=big&id=113

Check out: http://www.artistmichaelgodard.com/art/specials/cruise_martini

We purchased,,,,,,

thumb.php?type=big&id=52

As a matter of interest I have just bought a Goddard on Dawn Princess entitled Bottoms Up. When I went in the Wyland gallery on Pier 39 I saw another Goddard which I fell in love with. Now I'm waiting for them both to be delivered. While I was in the Wyland gallery they told me that MTV have just done a deal with Goddard to purchase the rights to some of his characters and use them in a new cartoon! Thus making our pictures even more collectible (as well as enjoyable).

yes that is the piece. We saw many of his pieces in Vegas and in Atlantic City, but cruise martini can only be bought onboard. Guess I'll have to book another cruise!!;) Thanks for the help!!

My husband and I bought Cruise Martini in January 2005 while we were on the Star Princess. It is a Godard original, and I don't believe that any reproductions were ever made. We might be willing to sell the piece and if you are interested, please e-mail us at ICCruisers@verizon.net. Harriet

My husband and I bought Cruise Martini in January 2005 while we were on the Star Princess. It is a Godard original, and I don't believe that any reproductions were ever made. We might be willing to sell the piece and if you are interested, please e-mail us at ICCruisers@verizon.net. Harriet

Really, an original??? What number did you get?

I do like some of his pieces. I wish they were smaller.

Me sentiments, exactly. I actually think his work is really fun, and would love to have a few small pieces for a stairwell or hallway or something, but a 24 x 36 just wouldn't do it in our house.

In general, Princess does offer originals. I have been on cruises where someone has purchased works over $50,000. From my understanding...orginals will not be numbered.

Originally Posted by marlinmike viewpost.gif

Really, an original??? What number did you get?

Marlin - My thoughts exactly.... That original would have cost thousand's! (does Princess offer originals, or just embelished?)

Princess does offer originals. When we bought the piece, the Art Director on the Star Princess told us that Godard had been on one of Princess's Art Connoisseur voyages and had painted this piece while he was on the cruise. And yes, we paid a lot more for this than one of his embellished editions.

Princess told me that the originals aren't numbered and usually Godard sells 100 numbered copies and once they sell out there aren't anymore. Cruise martini may have been an exception with only one made. It's a nice piece but just a bit out of my price range..:)

Archived