Roll Call: Silver Spirit 5210 Barbados to Lisbon April 12, 2012

EagerTravelerBC

Looks like we're all Silversea virgins - it's my first too - altho' I've sailed many other lines, am Elite on Princess.

Started to pack so soon - wow! I'm currently on vacation in Kauai, will have a week or two to pack when I get home, hopefully will be enough.

Hi Kelley & Chris. Sorry I can't join you for this Transatlantic, but good to see you already have 'takers' for your Roll Call. Hope you gather a nice group like we did last October and that you have a smooth and enjoyable crossing. Will think of you and be there in spirit!!!

Well, I went down to say hello to the Silver Cloud today since she was docked on Front St in town and that really whetted my appetite for next Thursday! But I did feel a bit sorry for the pax as we had an abnormally cold, wet and windy day today, and the seas are very rough - I saw one woman on her balcony huddled into a scarf and big jacket - I can't wait to travel south (it's 1,300 miles as the crow flies, 2,600 as the plane flies!) to Barbados and some warmth.

We are new to Silversea and are looking forward to our first luxury cruise sailing from Barbados to Lisbon in just a matter of hours now. This will be our 12th cruise; we're pretty seasoned on HAL, have sailed Azamara twice (and loved it), and embarked on one interesting RCL cruise that was a complete fail - more owing to the caliber of passengers rather than the limitations of the ship or the fact that it was basically a floating Vegas hotel.

We are in our early and mid-40's, but are old souls at heart. I'm a beginning bridge player and am hopeful I can be admitted into the bridge rooms and absorb the wisdom and cunning of seasoned players. My husband is just happy to be at sea, and I can predict he will be most unhappy to debark and be back on land.

I've read mixed reviews as to the level of service, food, presence of smoking, etc. Do the non-virgins have any comments on some of the grouchier complaints I read from the 2011 Spirit cruise reviews?

Just a few hours before we depart from the West Coast. With that in mind I would like to suggest a time for the Cruise Critic Members to meet up.

So far we have:

Kelley (me) and my partner Chris

Jolly

Cwisleman

Tizwiz

Englishusa

and Bonde

With the first two days being port days, may I suggest meeting in The Panorama Lounge (9th level) at 10:00 AM on Saturday April 14?

Philip B - Sorry we will miss you on this Voyage!

Looking forward to our meeting.

Just a few hours before we depart from the West Coast. With that in mind I would like to suggest a time for the Cruise Critic Members to meet up.

So far we have:

Kelley (me) and my partner Chris

Jolly

Cwisleman

Tizwiz

Englishusa

and Bonde

With the first two days being port days, may I suggest meeting in The Panorama Lounge (9th level) at 10:00 AM on Saturday April 14?

Philip B - Sorry we will miss you on this Voyage!

Looking forward to our meeting.

Well, if it's cloudy or raining maybe, but 10am won't usually work for me, I spend my days out in the sun or walking around the deck (I've been walking Dover Beach today in Barbados). I'm not a great one for M&Gs anyway so if the time suits everyone else, go ahead. I'd be more willing to do a cocktail meet in one of the bars before dinner - somewhere in the 6 to 7pm region - but do whatever suits the majority, I won't be hard to spot unless there's an awful lot of solo ladies sailing, and I'll probably be the only one with a mid-atlantic accent.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup...All a no how. No matter....Having a great cruise!

Well, if it's cloudy or raining maybe, but 10am won't usually work for me, I spend my days out in the sun or walking around the deck (I've been walking Dover Beach today in Barbados). I'm not a great one for M&Gs anyway so if the time suits everyone else, go ahead. I'd be more willing to do a cocktail meet in one of the bars before dinner - somewhere in the 6 to 7pm region - but do whatever suits the majority, I won't be hard to spot unless there's an awful lot of solo ladies sailing, and I'll probably be the only one with a mid-atlantic accent.

Archived