Door decorations

KPfromCT

I want to do them in April, for our Breeze cruise. However, I don't have an OUNCE of Martha Stewart in me. Lol. Anyone have suggestions for something easy and bright? Thanks!!!!!!!

I actually make them for ourselves,friends and family - if you like, i am more than happy to help or send ideas!

michaels has great sticker assortments depending on where you are cruising to, then get some cool background paper and voila, you are already starting... we always get a funny poem or something to put on it as well and i attach a post it pad to leave notes (with a pen of course) - my son loves it as he can always find the room and we always get compliments left as well - great for momentos

Funny, I just spent the afternoon working on our door for our April cruise on Dream. I always make a scrapbook page for those in the cabin with a picture of them. I include 1st name and city and state we are from. Then I can include the pages in my vacation scrapbook. This year I'm including our vacation gnome for fun. It's great fun AND you can easily find your room.

I actually make them for ourselves,friends and family - if you like, i am more than happy to help or send ideas!

michaels has great sticker assortments depending on where you are cruising to, then get some cool background paper and voila, you are already starting... we always get a funny poem or something to put on it as well and i attach a post it pad to leave notes (with a pen of course) - my son loves it as he can always find the room and we always get compliments left as well - great for momentos

How SWEET are you???? Thank you!!!!! I am not a complete moron, so I'm hoping if you give me some cute ideas, I should be able to pull them together. I guess I just don't know where to even start. Thank you again!!!!!!

I want to do them in April, for our Breeze cruise. However, I don't have an OUNCE of Martha Stewart in me. Lol. Anyone have suggestions for something easy and bright? Thanks!!!!!!!

All I can say is DON'T use the cheap ones from Walmart in the scrap booking area, they DO NOT come off easy, I felt very bad when I left the mess for the cabin steward, because I had spent 20 to 30 minutes the morning we got off the ship and only got 10 or 12 off, they left glue and paper all over, had to be scraped off, and took paint in places, that is why I stopped.

If you are on the Splendor check to see if the door still has marks on 1019 in the spa area

When we went on Carnival Dream I used something called Mounting Putty to stick the decorations to the door. It is non-toxic and removable. It is also know as Poster Putty or Adhesive Putty.

I was lucky and found some cruise stickers and paper from our local craft store in their scrape booking area on sale. I was also able to find some decorations at the dollar store in the party area. During my boys spring break I plan on them each taking a 12 x 12 paper and the stickers to help make their own signs for our door.

I used a printer's film to put my decorations on. I got 2 sheets from a stationary store for a couple of dollars each.

Once I decided what my theme was I went to the dollar store for the stickers of the pirates.

I got the porthole from a party supply store. I went online for a picture of the ship & added a caption bubble pointing to my cabin to the picture, printed it & added to the porthole picture. Added stick on letters & numbers for the year & the Sunsations name.

I bought stick on letters to personalize the pirate scene from the craft store. Named the ship, the pirate & the lookout. :)

Then I used magnets to attach to the door. I have used the putty before & it worked fine also.

Bring extra magnets (cheap ones from dollar store)as they seem to disappear;)

340765036_DoorSunsations.jpg.cabe9109724280b24cbb1a438751a4af.jpg

SunsationsDoor.jpg.e5f9805f6af87c4e125982a078a74835.jpg

I used a whiteboard and decorated my door on Destiny for a Halloween cruise...

but...messages were erased or stupid things were written over them

and my decorations were stolen (not much $$ but annoying)

I have decorated my cabin door on 2 other cruiselines with no problem

I was glad I didn't bother on Glory 3 night cruise...had a hallfull of obnoxious college age kids...drunk, loud,

the kid next door and his girlfriend were fighting and twice I found him sitting propped against my cabin door, out in the hallway ! Had to tell him to move so I could get in my cabin :eek:

How SWEET are you???? Thank you!!!!! I am not a complete moron, so I'm hoping if you give me some cute ideas, I should be able to pull them together. I guess I just don't know where to even start. Thank you again!!!!!!

No worries - we love making them :-)

Saw on other posts some good advice for you already too - here is what we use and why:

1) posterboard - travels really laid flat in suitcase. Also, you can glue and stick anything you want

2) found poster putty works well - check the Max weight it will support though and gauge how heavy your creation has gotten LOL

3) the scrapbook section is a great place in any craft store - get some background paper in the theme you want, stickers that have the port names are available too. We lay it all out and find something humorous (ten silliest cruise questions eg) - we also have added little 3d things like sand and shells but it easy to transport home as we keep them :-)

4) I trim the board in either theme to the time of year ribbon or if no holiday, the Colors of the cruise line - makes it stand out a bit to spot on the door and gives it a nice finish.

Hope that helps a bit more. Always happy to help too

I'm making door decorations for all 10 cabins that are going to be going to the wedding with us. I was planning on putting wedding themed decorations on posterboard and then using the 3M command poster strips. I've used them previously and they don't leave any marks if you take them off properly (by pulling on the bottom).

I'm going to make the signs say things like "Mother of the Groom" and "Sister of the Bride". Or for non-family members something about how they are with the wedding group.

I was planning on attaching honeycomb wedding bells and maybe some nautical elements too. I'm going to give them to everyone and let them decide if they want to put them on their doors or not. I can't wait!!!

We just bought a package of cardboard designs (sea shells, seahorses, etc.). Put up on the doors with those 3-M sticky squares. Came off easily at the end of the cruise. Have done this for years with no problems. Just finished a b2b and on the first leg, some drunkers kept taking them off. 2nd week? No problem. On first week DH was mad and we went on a search for the signs (too funny) and actually found one stuck to someone else's door. We could hear people saying, "there's the seahorses, we're almost at our room."

Archived