Blue Mountain Tour in Sydney

marion123reading

The Blue Mountain Tour listed on our cruise ship is full, and that is something I really wanted to do. I have located two other companies, and their pick up time at hotels is around 7:30. Our ship docks at 6:30 - do the companies typically come to the cruise ship - or is the cruise ship too far away.

Thanks for any help!

The Blue Mountain Tour listed on our cruise ship is full, and that is something I really wanted to do. I have located two other companies, and their pick up time at hotels is around 7:30. Our ship docks at 6:30 - do the companies typically come to the cruise ship - or is the cruise ship too far away.

Is your stop in Sydney a port day on a continuing cruise, or disembarkation at cruise end?

Hi, we did an all day Blue Mtn tour with info@oztrails.com.au and had a super day although a bit hectic We were staying at a hotel very near OPT and were collected from the gotel at 8am

I would suggest you contact your proposed tour company to see what their normal arrangements are, but also to check what time they would get you back.

Sandy in Spain

Hi, we did an all day Blue Mtn tour with info@oztrails.com.au and had a super day although a bit hectic We were staying at a hotel very near OPT and were collected from the gotel at 8am

I would suggest you contact your proposed tour company to see what their normal arrangements are, but also to check what time they would get you back.

Sandy in Spain

I am having trouble finding a tour for the day with available places.. Thank you so much for the name of this company - I will try them. So you really liked them?

Thanks, Martha

My pick would be oztrails but also if they aren't available....

http://www.dalmylestours.com/vmchk/Blue-Mountains-Tours/View-all-products.html?parent=1

DO NOT go with FJ tours....

(my experience is based on seeing the various tours quite a few times rather than being on them, the tour guides for FJ are quite arrogant and break road rules etc)

My pick would be oztrails but also if they aren't available....

http://www.dalmylestours.com/vmchk/Blue-Mountains-Tours/View-all-products.html?parent=1

DO NOT go with FJ tours....

(my experience is based on seeing the various tours quite a few times rather than being on them, the tour guides for FJ are quite arrogant and break road rules etc)

Thank you for your quick response!! I had also read that about FJ tours and am glad you had read the same.

I contacted DalMyles tours and I guess they have merged with Australian Echo tours?

I will contact Oztrails, too.

If you think of any others, please don't hesitate to email - Marthatwist@yahoo.com

Thanks!!

Have you visited Sydney before? If not, then I would spend the day in Sydney rather than tour the Blue Mountains.

Our January cruise originates in Sydney, and we'll be there 4 days before we sail. I booked a Blue Mountains tour with Sydney Great Escapes for our last full day in Sydney.

Just returned from Australia cruise. Blue Diamond Tour of the Blue Mountains was top notch. I would recommend them to everyone. Also did Red Diamond Tour of the Tobruk Sheep Station outside of Sydney. It was also a great tour.

Just returned from Australia cruise. Blue Diamond Tour of the Blue Mountains was top notch. I would recommend them to everyone. Also did Red Diamond Tour of the Tobruk Sheep Station outside of Sydney. It was also a great tour.

My travel agent is suggesting a Blue Mtn tour but not sure of provider name. Cost is $160 USD with cablecar. approx 9.5 hrs.

I am trying to decide if this is a tour I want to do. We are arriving 3 days before cruise leaves Jan 28. I would like to get out of the city for a different experience. Would appreciate your sharing any details and your overall impressions. Thanks so much

My travel agent is suggesting a Blue Mtn tour but not sure of provider name. Cost is $160 USD with cablecar. approx 9.5 hrs.

I am trying to decide if this is a tour I want to do. We are arriving 3 days before cruise leaves Jan 28. I would like to get out of the city for a different experience. Would appreciate your sharing any details and your overall impressions. Thanks so much

Hi. Have you thought of doing it by yourself. You can catch the train from Central Station up to the mountains. Then you can get the trolley bus hoho as you please around the different sites for a fraction of the cost that the tour companies charge. Even stay the night at one of the many hotels. If you want any details just ask:p

Agree with MrsWaldo. To experience what Sydney and Australians is/are all about you MUST be in Sydney on the 26th. Harbour ferry races, fireworks etc etc. The date represents the beginning of European settlement in Australia and occurred right there at Circular Quay. Huge day for us Aussies.

We sail to Tassie on the 27th:D

By all means visit the Blue Mountains area but your TA price seems rediculously high. Give the cc recommended ones on this thread a try or do it yourself as suggestion by rail at a quarter the price.

Hugh

Agree with MrsWaldo. To experience what Sydney and Australians is/are all about you MUST be in Sydney on the 26th. Harbour ferry races, fireworks etc etc. The date represents the beginning of European settlement in Australia and occurred right there at Circular Quay. Huge day for us Aussies.

We sail to Tassie on the 27th:D

By all means visit the Blue Mountains area but your TA price seems rediculously high. Give the cc recommended ones on this thread a try or do it yourself as suggestion by rail at a quarter the price.

Hugh

I don't think $160 pp is "ridiculously high" for an all-day private tour. Of the CC recommended tours mentioned here - Blue Diamond charges $175 AUD pp (http://www.bluediamondtours.net/tour.php), and Sydney Great Escapes charges $155 AUD pp (http://www.sydneygreatescapes.com/tours.html). I have looked at the companies that charge ~$99 pp, but they are usually big coach tours that include fewer things. I am all for DIY touring sometimes - but this isn't one of them for me!

We will arrive in NZ (Milford Sound, etc.) on Australia Day. However, I'm sure there will be celebrations onboard our ship, just as we celebrated the 4th of July on my Princess British Isles cruise a few years ago.

I researched Blue Mt tours extensively. Oztrails' reviews stated: poor/old bus and rude, rude driver. You pay less, but who wants to travel 9+ hours in less than desirable vehicle.

I would suggest Sydney Great Escapes. The price listed is fair. Check out reviews under Trip Advisor/Sydney/Attractions. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and didn't go with them.

Hi. Have you thought of doing it by yourself. You can catch the train from Central Station up to the mountains. Then you can get the trolley bus hoho as you please around the different sites for a fraction of the cost that the tour companies charge. Even stay the night at one of the many hotels. If you want any details just ask:p

I am definitely interested in this option as we don't like tours. We will be in Sydney for 4 nights, 2 in a hotel and 2 on board the ship. Can you provide more details on how to plan this? Will we be able to see the highlights doing it on our own? Would renting a car be more useful than the train? Thanks.

Renting a car is definitely the best way to DIY as you can quickly get between the various and sights and have more flexibility. it is however considerably more expensive.

IF you decide to do the train you need to get to Central Station to the "country" platform. (usually BMs trains go from platform 4). Make sure you leave fairly early and check timetables for your return options

http://www.131500.com.au

In Katoomba you have several options for getting around. The trolley tours seem to be the most popular. There is also a HOHO and a shuttle service that operates between Scenic World, Echo Point (Three Sisters) and Katoomba Railway Station. If you buy a ticket for one you need a separate ticket for the others.

One of the advantages of a tour is the expertise of the guide. You learn a lot more about the area, people, history etc Also it gives you a chance to look round as you're being driven along. We find this preferable to driving out on our own where the driver is concentrating on the roads and traffic

Sandy in Spain

• 5 weeks later...

BBM

Sent an email inquiry on December 24 and haven't heard anything; do you have a point of contact that you would feel comfortable posting?