Canadian budget cruiser is looking for opinions

bmblbke

I am considering booking a cruise on either the Pride or Miracle. I have read good and not so good reviews on both. We are looking to make this a Christmas trip. Im aware that both New York and Baltimore can be cold in December, but which one might be more favourable? Both ports are approximate equal distance from where we live. We would travel to Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau.

Pick the itinerary that suits you best

Fly in a day or more early especially in the winter months & do not book return flight before NOON on your return to the USA

myself I would depart from Florida port you get to warmer islands

JMO

I am considering booking a cruise on either the Pride or Miracle. I have read good and not so good reviews on both. We are looking to make this a Christmas trip.

You will always find good and bad reviews, to the point you wonder if they had really been on the same cruise. Decide on the cruise by which ports you want to go to, the right price, the right time etc.

You don't say if you're flying, but if you do...fly in a day early, especially if you're flying into/out of an area that gets snow. I always fly to Florida in the winter...any excuse to be an extra day in a warm place. :)

I received promo email from HAL that they said is for Canadian specials only, some are Caribbean sailing during Christmas and the one I saw (Zuiderman for 12/21 and Westerdam for 12/30, both 7-day Caribbean Fort Lauderdale) the prices are really great, especially for triple or quad occupancy ... I can't even get that for Carnival.

You will always find good and bad reviews, to the point you wonder if they had really been on the same cruise. Decide on the cruise by which ports you want to go to, the right price, the right time etc.

You don't say if you're flying, but if you do...fly in a day early, especially if you're flying into/out of an area that gets snow. I always fly to Florida in the winter...any excuse to be an extra day in a warm place. :)

Thanks for the input folks. We are trying to make this a group trip with several other familys and people from our area. (Kincardine ON) Our travel agent has been fantastic with helping to make the arrangements. We have narrowed our search down to either Carnival Miracle (8day cruise) or Baltimore (7day) both visit Port Canaveral and Bahamas the same week. We just have to make the commitment to one or the other.

If budget is a concern, the 1st things you have to look at is travel costs to the port. Find out which is most economical. When airfare is too expensive -- & it will he high for the holidays -- it can ruin your cruise budget.

Archived