Dr. Seuss? Really?

Ok, i have nothing against dr. Seuss... But really Carnival?

How about listening to actual feedback on what cruisers want... You know... Better shows, more live entertainment instead of cheap Djs, etc...

I mean maybe steel drums again when you get on a Caribbean cruise and not Gangnum Style... Who would have thought it!

I love Carnival gut sheesh... Ive never once booked a cruise thinking "Gosh i sure hope there is someone there to read 'Green Eggs and Ham' to me..."

Just my opinion...

Yeah. To me, Suess is 50 years ago. Never even exposed the kids to it.

I guess it was the cheapest addition they could find. Haven't heard how the breakfasts are being received. In fact, I haven't heard a Who since the announcement.

How about listening to actual feedback on what cruisers want... You know... Better shows, more live entertainment instead of cheap Djs, etc...

I mean maybe steel drums again when you get on a Caribbean cruise and not Gangnum Style... Who would have thought it!

I love Carnival gut sheesh... Ive never once booked a cruise thinking "Gosh i sure hope there is someone there to read 'Green Eggs and Ham' to me..."

Just my opinion...

I completely agree! The entertainment has gone to sh*t. Bringing back the live bands on deck would be a great start.

Carnival should re-evaluate their entertainment. Maybe then they wouldn't have to be giving away free cruises randomly.

Edited by rok233

While I'd love the other upgrades also I have to say I'm upset because Seuss won't be on our cruise this summer, our 1st with the grandchildren. Our granddaughter loves cat in the hat and would love this.

As a father of a 4 and a 2 year old, I like the idea of Dr. Seuss. It may not be as grandiose as what other cruise lines are offering for children, but it's a welcome change and a step in the right direction. Many parents will agree that there's a lot of non-educational junk on TV these days, so an educational program like Dr. Seuss feels like a breath of fresh air, even if it's over 50 years old.

Camp Carnival has been stagnant for many, many years. Glad to see some movement again.

Edited by Tapi

Just my opinion...

Two thoughts:

• We all have free will, one does not have to cruise Carnival if one doesn't like the venue.

• The average Cruise Critic member is not the targeted demographic for Carnival.

Just my opinion.

The big announcement coming out of New York by Carnival will probably be that this pair of "Things" are tying the knot there where it is now legal. ;)

I'm thinking thing 2 is the male, and thing 1 is disappointed.

Edited by Phlybice

[*]We all have free will, one does not have to cruise Carnival if one doesn't like the venue.

[*]The average Cruise Critic member is not the targeted demographic for Carnival.

Just my opinion.[/color]

I love Carnival; haven't tried anyone else honestly as Carnival fits my budget and I enjoy the cruises because of or despite the entertainment; I'm not there for the shows; I'm there to relax and have fun with whatever I choose. But this does make me think or question who exactly is the targeted demographic for Carnival? Just wondering

I dont care for dr. suess but as long as it does not take away the sea day brunch for the rest of us, its fine to have another option out there for people, if they want to pay for their breakfast they can go, and others can still enjoy the free sea day brunch. You cannot see any actual feedback yet, as it does not start until next month...

But this does make me think or question who exactly is the targeted demographic for Carnival?

Uh, I'm going to take a wild guess and say Dr. Seuss targets families with small children?

For better or for worse, Carnival is a cruise line that aims at making cruising affordable and attractive to ALL demographics (well, except for the uber-wealthy or sophisticated) :o.Young, old, singles, couples, families, rich, poor, black, white, green, etc, etc.

That means that not everything they do will cater specifically to you or me. You can go to the Hairy Chest Contest while I take my kids to the Dr. Seuss breakfast.

Edited by Tapi

Many of the responses on here to the Dr. Seuss addition was positive. There's a couple of long threads about it already on here.

I don't know why people keep saying Dr. Seuss is out of date. So not correct. Universal Studios has an entire side dedicated to Dr. Seuss and my kids have almost, if not everyone of, his books. Many school districts, including my own, celebrate his birthday complete with pajama days, story times, hat days, etc. Just because he's been around for a long time does not mean it's outdated. You have actually to pick up a book and read to get into Dr. Seuss. No he cannot be captured by flicking one of nearly a half dozen channels dedicated to him or tuning into Sirius to hear his radio show. Dr. Seuss is a welcome addition IMO....for kids. But I bet many adults will like it too or at least appreciate the variety it adds to the kids they bring along. Perhaps soon the adult portion of the lacking entertainment will be addressed. But regardless, I think it's a great idea.

Two thoughts:

• We all have free will, one does not have to cruise Carnival if one doesn't like the venue.

• The average Cruise Critic member is not the targeted demographic for Carnival.

Just my opinion.

After awhile you'll figure out a lot of CC members think the cruising world revolves around them .

Maybe Seuss won't be fleet wide? I could see them doing something on ships that cruise out of Port Canaveral. Could be something with Universal Studios, kinda like Disney and their cruiseline. I like the whimsy of Seuss and his stories....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

O.M.G. That is the best and most hysterical comment I have read on these boards for at least 2 years:D:D.

I got it.....:eek:

I got it.....:eek:

BAHAHAHAHAHAH

Actually you and others didn't "get" my post at all, but that's ok. I'll give you a hint: they are both male.

Two thoughts:

[*]We all have free will, one does not have to cruise Carnival if one doesn't like the venue.

Apparently that is what a lot of people are doing. Carnival has to offer rock bottom prices to fill the ships. So they have to lower the experience. They should just raise prices to a point where they offer a decent cruise. Other lines do it and sail full.