MSC Meraviglia onboard 5th August

Rossco01

Great shots of the cabin thanks! Was the sofa bed comfortable? It looks to small for our 6 foot teenage boys to share so I think the wife and I will be in that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The sofa bed was actually a really high quality one with a very good mattress. Certainly the best one I've slept on ( I got the short straw as well whilst Dau and Wife slept upstairs) It's a pretty long and wide bed. The floor to ceiling curtains are electrically operated by buttons near the door. One thing that was a BIG problem the first couple of days ( and hurt like hell ) was walking into the sliding glass door as you exit the cabin to the balcony. There is nothing at eye level on the door to warn you and little reflection. I almost broke my nose.

The sofa bed was actually a really high quality one with a very good mattress. Certainly the best one I've slept on ( I got the short straw as well whilst Dau and Wife slept upstairs) It's a pretty long and wide bed. The floor to ceiling curtains are electrically operated by buttons near the door. One thing that was a BIG problem the first couple of days ( and hurt like hell ) was walking into the sliding glass door as you exit the cabin to the balcony. There is nothing at eye level on the door to warn you and little reflection. I almost broke my nose.

I'm not sure I understand, you walked into the sliding glass door that leads to the balcony, or something else? Did you open the door and someone else closed it and then you tried to go out it again thinking it was still open?

I'm not sure I understand, you walked into the sliding glass door that leads to the balcony, or something else? Did you open the door and someone else closed it and then you tried to go out it again thinking it was still open?

You got it was periodically opened or closed and it's just very difficult to see. Not a big problem but son also did the same.

I had read in the MSC brochure previously that this area is adult only on other ships, but doesn't say it about the Meriviglia.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

We are sailing on the Meraviglia Aurea class on 11 Sep for our honeymoon, we specifically booked the Aurea class as we were told it is 18 and over only

We are sailing on the Meraviglia Aurea class on 11 Sep for our honeymoon, we specifically booked the Aurea class as we were told it is 18 and over only

It's definitely not adult only on Meraviglia ( no signage to indicate that). Unlike other MSC ships where others can pay it's only available to Aurea guests. I might add they won't tolerate kids messing around. It was very quiet when we were onboard so I really wouldn't worry.

• 4 months later...
Rossco01 can you tell me if the duplex suite has any fresh air coming in or do the windows go all the way up?

I’ll take this question as we just left the 9001 suite an hour ago! Window at the front of balcony goes half way up so you do get fresh air (and rain!) out there. There are two doors to balcony so you can open those to get some fresh air in cabin.

Hi..great thread. In one of the linked videos there was mention of the sofa possibly being a bunk bed. Is it a bunk or double bed? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

It’s a double sofa bed. Would have liked a bunk so our two teens could use it but was comfortable enough for my wife and I. Very squeaky though - made a bit of noise when ship was rocking or when getting up in middle of night.

I’ll take this question as we just left the 9001 suite an hour ago! Window at the front of balcony goes half way up so you do get fresh air (and rain!) out there. There are two doors to balcony so you can open those to get some fresh air in cabin.

Was there much movement in your cabin?

Was there much movement in your cabin?

Nothing to extreme when cruising between ports but weather was fairly calm most days. However the docking each morning was like an earthquake when the bow thrusters were used- certainly woke us from our peaceful slumber!

• 3 months later...