National week combined with Explore 4

kiwicruiser55

I got both promotions combined for my alaska cruise. Booked it yesterday, direct over phone with HAL. SY Guar, so we got

Signature Beverage Package

Pinnacle Grill Dinner

Canaletto Dinner

Reduced Deposit

$500 On board Credit ($300 for booking SY, $200 for National Sail Promo).

I got both as well, plus the obc's for the FCD and the Welcome Back promo for booking within 60 days of a cruise.

OP, if you see the promo for National Cruise Week on the NZ HAL website, then I would think it would be available to you. Otherwise, why would they show it on the website? I know that we Canadians don't see the offers for Americans unless they also apply to us.

I just called and had the Cruise Week promo added to my existing booking. Yeah, extra $200.00 in OBC for a total of $500.00.

They also added a private sale promo I received by mail which dropped the price per person by $300.00.

I am really happy! My only problem is figuring out how to consume 15 free drinks a day...for research only;), ..as I am attempting to follow in the footsteps of my hero POA1. Did the Dan Brown DaVinci site seeing trail in Paris and the Dan Brown Angels and Demons thing in Rome. I have a feeling that the POA1 experiment is going to be much more enlightening and um, interesting:D

I just called and had the Cruise Week promo added to my existing booking. Yeah, extra $200.00 in OBC for a total of $500.00.

They also added a private sale promo I received by mail which dropped the price per person by $300.00.

I am really happy! My only problem is figuring out how to consume 15 free drinks a day...for research only;), ..as I am attempting to follow in the footsteps of my hero POA1. Did the Dan Brown DaVinci site seeing trail in Paris and the Dan Brown Angels and Demons thing in Rome. I have a feeling that the POA1 experiment is going to be much more enlightening and um, interesting:D

You may have trouble finding drinks under $7 to buy. They are hoping you use coffees, waters etc. for part of them.

I think there are lots of drinks under $7. I am planning to go through all the posts and make a little list of the wines that are in the right price range. I noticed the other day when someone posted the International Dinner menu that a number of the wines on that menu were under $7 - so I am going to go back, if I can remember who posted it, and write them all down (in duplicate or triplicate) and have the list with me in the dining room so I can confound all the waiters. I know someone said there are wines in Canaletto that are under $7, and also in the Crow's Nest. Failing all that, I will stick with the prosecco!:)

Most of the cocktails and after-dinner drinks are under $7, as far as I can remember. It's the wines that are going to be a problem. Research is required!

I tried chatting with an agent at HAL and he said the current price of our cruise is higher than the price we paid, which already included the Explore4 promo. I think I will try calling again to see if another agent can add it.

You may have trouble finding drinks under $7 to buy. They are hoping you use coffees, waters etc. for part of them.

Almost all the cocktails are under $7.

I think there are lots of drinks under $7. I am planning to go through all the posts and make a little list of the wines that are in the right price range. I noticed the other day when someone posted the International Dinner menu that a number of the wines on that menu were under $7 - so I am going to go back, if I can remember who posted it, and write them all down (in duplicate or triplicate) and have the list with me in the dining room so I can confound all the waiters. I know someone said there are wines in Canaletto that are under $7, and also in the Crow's Nest. Failing all that, I will stick with the prosecco!:)

Most of the cocktails and after-dinner drinks are under $7, as far as I can remember. It's the wines that are going to be a problem. Research is required!

I see that you have been keeping on top of your research assistant assignment. Could I ask you to please post a new thread when you have you list compiled? Just a note that I also saw a wine on a Pinnacle Grill wine list that was under $7.

Edited by OVgirl

I see that you have been keeping on top of your research assistant assignment. Could I ask you to please post a new thread when you have you list compiled? Just a note that I also saw a wine on a Pinnncale Grill wine list that was under $7.

Roger. Wilco. :D

I got both as well, plus the obc's for the FCD and the Welcome Back promo for booking within 60 days of a cruise.

OP, if you see the promo for National Cruise Week on the NZ HAL website, then I would think it would be available to you. Otherwise, why would they show it on the website? I know that we Canadians don't see the offers for Americans unless they also apply to us.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I am going to try this on Monday. Hope I can get all three as you did as it would total $1100 in OBC for a 15 day cruise! With the stockholder OBC, I would end up with $1350, so here's hoping....

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

I see that you have been keeping on top of your research assistant assignment. Could I ask you to please post a new thread when you have you list compiled? Just a note that I also saw a wine on a Pinnacle Grill wine list that was under $7.

Glad to hear that there is something in the Pinnacle that is under $7. I haven't seen that. I was checking Crew News' lists and menus and found 14, I think, wines that are under the $7 limit (plus 4 house wines). They are listed in different menus, i.e. the International Menu, Canaletto menu, etc. I am checking with POA1, and will post a list p.d.q.! (Do you remember what the Pinnacle wine was?)

Crew News' site: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Glad to hear that there is something in the Pinnacle that is under $7. I haven't seen that. I was checking Crew News' lists and menus and found 14, I think, wines that are under the $7 limit (plus 4 house wines). They are listed in different menus, i.e. the International Menu, Canaletto menu, etc. I am checking with POA1, and will post a list p.d.q.! (Do you remember what the Pinnacle wine was?)

Crew News' site: http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Thank you for your dedicated research! :)

Here's my research:

MDR - House wines (Sta. Carolina?) - Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot $5.95?

MDR -International Menu - Blackstone Sauvignon Blanc $7.00

Footprints Chardonnay $6.00

Rattlesnake Hills Chardonnay $6.00

Rattlesnake Hills Cabernet Sauvignon $5.00

Bar menu - Pol Clement $5.50

Prosecco $6.00

House Pinot Grigio, Zonin $5.50

Woodbridge White Zinfandel $6.00

Canaletto Menu - Pinot Grigio, Delle Venezie $5.50

Pinot Grigio, Danzante $6.75

Solento Rose $5.50

Pinot Noir, Pavia $5.50

Primitiveo di Puglia $5.50

Montepulciano d'Abbruzzo $5.50

I don't know if there will be changes, or if there would be a problem requesting a wine from a menu that is from a different area. I seem to remember reading a post sometime that said the Canaletto wines could be requested in the MDR, so that would be great.

One thing I couldn't find was a Wang Wang! :D

Edited by Vict0riann

Just having a good laugh at you lot, did get an answer to my question and now it has turned into how many drinks are under $7 somewhere along the line!!!!!

We are all one big happy CC family, I love it.

I apologize for going astray!:)

I have also posted my "research" on POA1's thread on Wines and Corkage, so please disregard my ramblings....

Thanks for the heads up on this. I am going to try this on Monday. Hope I can get all three as you did as it would total $1100 in OBC for a 15 day cruise! With the stockholder OBC, I would end up with $1350, so here's hoping....

DaveOKC

Yes, I will also get the shareholder benefit as well. I just have to apply for it. I think in the end, for us, it will all total to $600. Now I just have to find a travel agent with a nice OBC!:D