For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

I have the AOS booked for March 09...and I am very excited about it :D

The way I figure it is...I survived the Navigator which had tons and tons of oldies and drunken louts,11 Alphas,4 Medivacs :eek:

Infact tonight I am sitting here researching my ports/flights/hotels etc etc for the AOS..and although the cruise is over a year away I am very very excited :D :D

Thank you very much for starting this thread and I for one look forward to reading all about your next cruise on AOS.

I agree, well said.

I'd like to sail on Adventure of the Seas some day.. the itenerary looks great and I love the Mariner so I'm sure I'd like AOS as well. The only thing holding me back is the airfare to SJ.

Sigh.. why doesn't RC have sailings out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale that go to the southern Caribbean? Celebrity, Carnival & Princess have them. :( :cool: Some day hopefully!!

I agree, well said.

I'd like to sail on Adventure of the Seas some day.. the itenerary looks great and I love the Mariner so I'm sure I'd like AOS as well. The only thing holding me back is the airfare to SJ.

Sigh.. why doesn't RC have sailings out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale that go to the southern Caribbean? Celebrity, Carnival & Princess have them. :( :cool: Some day hopefully!!

I wish they did too!

The airfare from Toronto to San Juan kills me every year!!! :D Oh well...the AOS is worth it!

I agree, well said.

The Brilliance does the southern on the 11 day itinerary with the Panama Canal, great ports round trip from Miami. Next year Jewel will take over the route.

I am excited to go on her in April! I have never been on a Voyager class ship before. I am excited about that too!

ckrobyn - I had asked about the Adventure on another thread and I was advised to reach out to you and get your take on the ship. Thanks!:D

I am excited to go on her in April! I have never been on a Voyager class ship before. I am excited about that too!

ckrobyn - I had asked about the Adventure on another thread and I was advised to reach out to you and get your take on the ship. Thanks!:D

Sunnie - please feel free to email me with any and all questions regarding the AOS, I am happy to share pictures and answer any questions you may have! ckrobyn@hotmail.com

Happy Cruising!:)

I agree, well said.

Drive a little north to NJ and you will get a Southern Caribbean cruise from RCCL.:)

Thank You Robyn!!!

I leave for AOS in two weeks and can not wait!!

It is your posts that give me the great information I am looking for!

I may use that e-mail for some questions! ;)

Deb - I am so excited for you!!! You are going to have a fantastic cruise and I want to hear all about it when you return :)

Please feel free to use my email address - that's why I posted it!!!

A great thread. Sailed on the AOS last March -- wonderful itinerary, ship, and crew. My family (4 in total) have enjoyed all our cruises, but we thought this one was the best. We would not hesitate to sail AOS again. As for flying to San Juan, think of it as another wonderful port to visit as soon as you get your seapass. Get on the ship and get off and visit Old San Juan; the ship leaves rather late.

Thank you for helping me feel better.

I know you can't make everybody happy, but the reviews just seemed so negative. Maybe more people will post some positive ones to outweigh the negative.

Really glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruises on AOS. Our fear was that we would be greatly disappointed after loving our last cruise with RCCL on the Navigator.

Thank you for helping me feel better.

I know you can't make everybody happy, but the reviews just seemed so negative. Maybe more people will post some positive ones to outweigh the negative.

Really glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruises on AOS. Our fear was that we would be greatly disappointed after loving our last cruise with RCCL on the Navigator.

Mel - it was actually YOUR post on the main board that prompted me to start this thread :)

I feel so bad for people that book the AOS, are totally excited to go....then they read a negative review.....freak out....and want to cancel! You will not be disappointed in the AOS. Do keep in mind however that every cruise experience is different - maybe something you loved on the Navigator won't be the same as the AOS, or maybe there will be something on the AOS that you love more than you loved on the Navigator - see my point??

Anyways - go and have a super cruise!!! :D

I opened this thread ready to get upset to more negative talk about the AOS so I was thrilled to read the thread! We've sailed her twice and would sail her again in a heartbeat! We've also been on the Mariner and the Rhapsody and like the AOS the most!

ckrobyn---well, looks like I started something! :p I hope this thread helps others as much as it helped me.

Yeah, we don't expect it to be the same, we want it different, but at the same time hope to not have a lesser experience in regards to service, food, etc. There were some rude people on our trip on the Navigator, some nights the food wasn't as good as others, but the staff was always smiling and friendly, we just loved it! We've traveled enough to know that not everyone is going to be polite and some people just need to complain about everything! :rolleyes: Just got worried reading such negativity about the same thing over and over and over.....:eek:

But, we are planning to book the AOS tomorrow! :D Can't wait til the travel agent's doors open, cause I am there!:)

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it!:cool:

Couldn't agree more! AOS is a great ship! This May will be our 3rd cruise on her and will make 3 years in a row. We've never experienced any problems and have found both the ship and the crew to be superb! San Juan is my favorite port to sail out of with all the forts lit up at night and Old San Juan is one of my favorite places, so much so that last year I chose it to propose to my now wife. It's got to be one of the most romantic places on earth! She said yes in the courtyard of the El Convento Hotel!

Thanks for the good words on Adventure. The negative reviews didn't really bother me much. It seemed to be more about discomfort with large numbers of Puerto Ricans than anything else.

Imagine, Puerto Ricans sailing out of San Juan ;)

We set sail on January 25, 2009 and I also find myself researching ports of call, air fares, hotel ect.

It will be here in no time!

If I was Puerto Rican, I would feel very hurt by some of the reviews on here. They act as if it is bad to be from Puerto RIco. That would be like saying, there will be a bunch of those Europeans on a Mediteranian cruise. God forbid!:eek: Or Europeans saying I love the Caribbean, if it were not for all of the Americans on board. I am sure there are plenty of us out there who put us to shame, but please, be nice folks.

I wish they did too!

The airfare from Toronto to San Juan kills me every year!!! :D Oh well...the AOS is worth it!

Just curious Robyn, but what is the airfare from TO to SJ? The price of airfare is really keeping me away from cruising from Florida and SJ. Not to mention the horrifically long flight!

Just curious Robyn, but what is the airfare from TO to SJ? The price of airfare is really keeping me away from cruising from Florida and SJ. Not to mention the horrifically long flight!

Don't know if this helps you much, but I am sailing with Robyn on her second week of her B2B and we booked a flight out of Buffalo for $425 U.S. We do not have a direct flight.

Archived