Sad News Tonight............Commodore Fans

Dear friends of Commodore,

We cruised out of New Orleans many times on Enchanted ships called Enchanted Seas, Enchanted Isle, and Enchanted Capri. Every cruise on those old ships were awesome fun, and a lot of that fun was because of our dining room experiences orchestrated by Mr Errol McHaley of Montego Bay. What an awesome waiter and he became our instant friend, and even the few times we could not be accomodated by the head waiter to sit at one of his tables (this man was IN DEMAND!), he was always over each night to greet us anyway.

I was in Jamaica a few years ago and Errol spotted my wife and I in a crowded passenger terminal and we had a nice visit. After all those years he still remembered us.....! Funny thing, I had prayed when we left the ship that we could see him in MoBay, which would make our vacation complete!

Tonight I got an email from his daughter that he passed away yesterday. Don't have any more info than that, but I thought I should mention it here in case some of you happen by.

Rest in Peace dear friend Errol....we won't forget you.

Is this the Errol of Barrett Tours??

Errol did not get another ship after Commodore. He was driving a small tour van that we saw last time I was there.

Did you know Errol? Big guy, big smile, bigger heart.

Archived