More Star Clipper Cabin Questions

MSEm

I have been doing more reading on the Star Clipper.

Is the engine noise really bad on the Commodore (lowest passenger) Deck?

Are the forward cabins better than the aft cabins?

Can the port holes be opened?

Do the aft cabins on Clipper Deck (340, 343) get noise from below or above.

We are looking at doing the Greek Isle back to back for May 2009.

We lived in Athens 1974-1975 and plan to fly in early to revisit the Athens area.

We would also appreicate any other avice on the Star Clipper.

Thanks,

MSEm

• 2 weeks later...

We had cabin 101 on the Star flyer. Should be the same as the Clipper. It is the most forward cabin on the bottom deck. You cannot open the porthole, thank goodness, or I would have flooded the ship. When seas were a bit high, the waves would hit the porthole, swirl around like a frontload washer and run out. It was very noisy one night. You are also tossed up and down some but I kind of liked that.

• 2 months later...

There was a small amount of vibration and noise in the rear of the ship. Most of the time it served as "white noise" to help with sleeping. The only REALLY loud noise I experienced was one night when they emptied the rear pool. It actually woke me up :o For the most part, I slept VERY WELL on the ship. When we docked in Papeete overnight I was like "boooooooooooooo" "not enough movement" ;)

Is there any laundry service on the Star Clipper (Flyer)? We are doing a back to back on the Star Clipper in May 2009 of the Greek Islands. It would be nice to get some laundry done and not do all laundry in the sink.

Thanks for any help or suggestions on the Star Clipper and the Greek Islands.

MSEm

Is there any laundry service on the Star Clipper (Flyer)? We are doing a back to back on the Star Clipper in May 2009 of the Greek Islands. It would be nice to get some laundry done and not do all laundry in the sink.

Thanks for any help or suggestions on the Star Clipper and the Greek Islands.

MSEm

Yep...and they're fast too!

• 2 weeks later...

There's a little bit of a "hum" on that deck. Nothing you're going to find upsetting.

There is laundry service. But I'm a cheapsake. So I brought along a small container of laundry detergent, rinsed out underwear, lightweight tops, etc., and hung them up to dry. (There's a pull-out clothesline in the shower.) Our cabin steward must have thought I was nuts. Every day I'd rinse out socks, etc. With the air conditioning in the room, everything dried quickly, and I saved myself a lot of money.

Archived