NJ Fred

I am sure he is a really nice fellow,

But he should retire, I know lots and lots of

People like him but the area where they have

The cookery demos (Celebrity Central?) would have

Been a good place for him, that rules out the

Sky lounge or us then.

Larry-

I understand your concern. If I was a betting person I would bet that Perry will only be in Sky until the hoopla cools off. I'm sure there are a large number of people on this particular cruise who are there primarily for Perry.

I was never a fan, but we were on his last Constellation cruise--we grew to appreciate his talent. His is one very funny and witty guy. However, you won't see us in the Sky nightly to watch him.

I don't think the hoopla will cool off - where Perry plays hoopla follows. Can't wait til our April 6th cruise and thrilled Perry is now on the Eclipse. I "don't do shows" but attended Perry's show nightly on the Connie after DH and I discovered him in Michael's with standing room only every night.

He has never been on any of our cruises. However, when chatting with folks who have observed his shows, I have concluded that the straight folks view him about the same as they would have viewed John Inman (now deceased) on BBC's "Are You Being Served", very funny but with a gay influence. These folks have indicated that the gay community absolutely love him. Since I never viewed his show, I have no personal knowledge except to say that his gayness would not have dissuaded me from enjoying his presentations if they were in good taste. If not in good taste, then I would have eschewed viewing his show.

Certainly to each his own is the steadfast rule when it comes to food, itinerary, etc. aboard a cruise vessel. Entertainers draw followings. And the clear fact is that Perry Grant has drawn the largest, loudest and most loyal following of virtually any entertainer performing at sea.

Whether he will re-anoint the Sky Room into Perry's Place as he did with Michael's on Connie remains to be seen. That, of course, is management's decision.

Reading reviews of entertainment on the various lines as posted here on CC is most educational. So many disappointments - so many complaints. Are audiences becoming harder to please or is quality going downhill? A most debatable subject.

Ask several loyal "Perry People" why they are devotees and you will probably get several different answers. For me it has always been his ability to transform modern day reality back into time to a point where life seemed less complicated. A time when cruise ships were known for elegance and not mega size and hawking of wine seminars, baubles, alleged artwork, etc. simply did not happen.

Sure, Perry Grant is not for everyone. Neither was Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, et al.

We live in an age of "choice." Hopefully "X" provides enough "choice" where every passengers's voyage is just what they want it to be.

Smooth crossings!

I am sure he is a really nice fellow,

But he should retire, I know lots and lots of

People like him but the area where they have

The cookery demos (Celebrity Central?) would have

Been a good place for him, that rules out the

Sky lounge or us then.

We managed a whole three weeks in November missing the Sky Lounge and I don't intend visiting on the next one. Perhaps they ill site the guitarist in Michael's Club.

Darn -- that's the sailing we're on. I was really hoping for vouchers!

Ahh yes our resident roll call stalker ;) I didn't recognize your name. Had to go check the roll call. LOL! When the we first started hearing about the vouchers I emailed X and asked. They assured me that we would not have the vouchers for our sailing. We would have preferred then as well until we added the free beverage packages with the 123GO promo X is running. Now I guess it really doesn't matter to us.

See you SOON!!!

Karen

Certainly to each his own is the steadfast rule when it comes to food, itinerary, etc. aboard a cruise vessel. Entertainers draw followings. And the clear fact is that Perry Grant has drawn the largest, loudest and most loyal following of virtually any entertainer performing at sea.

Whether he will re-anoint the Sky Room into Perry's Place as he did with Michael's on Connie remains to be seen. That, of course, is management's decision.

Reading reviews of entertainment on the various lines as posted here on CC is most educational. So many disappointments - so many complaints. Are audiences becoming harder to please or is quality going downhill? A most debatable subject.

Ask several loyal "Perry People" why they are devotees and you will probably get several different answers. For me it has always been his ability to transform modern day reality back into time to a point where life seemed less complicated. A time when cruise ships were known for elegance and not mega size and hawking of wine seminars, baubles, alleged artwork, etc. simply did not happen.

Sure, Perry Grant is not for everyone. Neither was Frank Sinatra, Perry Como, et al.

We live in an age of "choice." Hopefully "X" provides enough "choice" where every passengers's voyage is just what they want it to be.

Smooth crossings!

Fred,

You are so right. But for us Perry is the best entertainer at sea. I am sure there are people who will rather watch distasteful comedians.

I don't think the hoopla will cool off - where Perry plays hoopla follows. Can't wait til our April 6th cruise and thrilled Perry is now on the Eclipse. I "don't do shows" but attended Perry's show nightly on the Connie after DH and I discovered him in Michael's with standing room only every night.

We are also on the April 6th cruise and are very happy that we'll be seeing Perry again! I find him very entertaining and I love that so many men in our group enjoy his show as well.

Perry has performed from 7:30 to 8:45 on his first two nights in the Sky Lounge. The setting is much better than Michael's on Connie. The appreciative crowd is at least twice as large compared to the limited seating available.

Note to the complainers about dancing up there... On Reflection the only dance floor was the Grand Foyer. Celebrity has greatly curtailed the practice on S-class ships. We love to dance and the Sky lounge is available if X wants to play music there except for the one hour+ that Perry plays.

If you enjoy an amazing repertoire of songs from years gone bye, a better voice than most of us have, a funny (if predictable) routine, a great cast of characters, and the open mindedness to overlook his sexual preferences you will enjoy his show. We have enjoyed his show on many Connie sailings and are really looking forward to seeing him on our March 9th sailing.

Sorry to all the Perry fans but I'm not happy about this. I am not a Perry fan and we've always enjoyed listening to, and dancing a little, with the Party Band up in the Sky lounge several nights on our cruises. If Perry is taking over that lounge it might be good for the Perry fans but bad for others who do not like his unusual form of entertainment.

I agree. Each to their own and I can appreciate he has his loyal followings. But to take up the Sky lounge every night for 14 nights???!!!! :eek: We always like to go there later in the evening after the last show to have a nightcap, listen to the party bands and dance.

Perhaps he is finished by 11:00 or so and then the party bands take over? Please.....

If you enjoy an amazing repertoire of songs from years gone bye, a better voice than most of us have, a funny (if predictable) routine, a great cast of characters, and the open mindedness to overlook his sexual preferences you will enjoy his show. We have enjoyed his show on many Connie sailings and are really looking forward to seeing him on our March 9th sailing.

You should join our roll call. There are a few people who seem to like him. Most are like me- know nothing about him. I tend to doubt that our sailing will be packed with throngs of Perry fans since this sailing has been pretty full for quite a long time, before people knew of his placement there. I'm sure those who are his fans were pleasantly surprised to find he had switched ships.

I'll keep an open mind and maybe check out his show some night. Different preferences are what make cruises so great. If everyone loved the same thing venues would be too crowded, they'd run out of certain items at dinner, and people wouldn't be able to get their favorite drinks because all the vodka would be gone:eek:.

We were on the 12 day wine cruise and the transatlantic, on the Connie this fall. We had heard and read so much about him, we were excited to see what all the hype was about. What a big disappointment. A Liberace wannabe. His voice made me long for the sound of somebody scrapping their finger nails along a chalkboard. Besides Michaels, he did one show, each cruise, as the headliner in the Celebrity Theater. We went the first night. He came out into the audience, before the show started, to pass out undies to his grandma groupies in the front row. After one of his songs, on cue, all the groupies threw the underwear up on the stage. There were no men's undies in the bunch. At that time us, and several people around us had to get up and leave as we had seen and heard enough. Needless to say, we avoided Michaels and the performance the second week.

He does have a loyal following so he must be doing something right. We just didn't see it or hear it.

I do not think that Perry is a wannabe for anyone. His voice is good and he puts all his feeling into many different songs of artists that he admires and he makes his audience recall their own memories and emotions that those songs generate. He is witty in many ways, and he plays the piano very very well! He connects on a personal level with so many people and that is one reason he has such a following and that number increases with every cruise. Certainly not everyone will be as enthusiastic as so many are, some may even not care for him. That is fine, but there is really no reason to criticize him, especially on a personal level. He is a talented entertainer and a very kind and gentle person. There are other choices for music and entertainment on the ship he is on and there are other ships in the fleet to choose from. I encourage everyone who cruises to find what they like and enjoy it!

I am not a grandma or a groupie, but I am a Perry fan.

Perry has performed from 7:30 to 8:45 on his first two nights in the Sky Lounge. The setting is much better than Michael's on Connie. The appreciative crowd is at least twice as large compared to the limited seating available.

Note to the complainers about dancing up there... On Reflection the only dance floor was the Grand Foyer. Celebrity has greatly curtailed the practice on S-class ships. We love to dance and the Sky lounge is available if X wants to play music there except for the one hour+ that Perry plays.

Arno,

So, Perry only have one time slot? and he is not playing after 10?

I do not think that Perry is a wannabe for anyone. His voice is good and he puts all his feeling into many different songs of artists that he admires and he makes his audience recall their own memories and emotions that those songs generate. He is witty in many ways, and he plays the piano very very well! He connects on a personal level with so many people and that is one reason he has such a following and that number increases with every cruise. Certainly not everyone will be as enthusiastic as so many are, some may even not care for him. That is fine, but there is really no reason to criticize him, especially on a personal level. He is a talented entertainer and a very kind and gentle person. There are other choices for music and entertainment on the ship he is on and there are other ships in the fleet to choose from. I encourage everyone who cruises to find what they like and enjoy it!

I am not a grandma or a groupie, but I am a Perry fan.

I am too...

Did you his door poster - " I am a Perry Fan"? He usually have them on top of his piano.

Perry played to a full Sky Lounge again last night. Tomorrow he will be in the theatre. All our tastes vary. I can't understand why some people have to make personal attacks just because you don't like a certain type of performance. When nearly 300 people show up and stay for the show, obviosuly he is connecting with interested fans.

Perry played to a full Sky Lounge again last night. Tomorrow he will be in the theatre. All our tastes vary. I can't understand why some people have to make personal attacks just because you don't like a certain type of performance. When nearly 300 people show up and stay for the show, obviosuly he is connecting with interested fans.

Arno,

Thanks for posting Perry's venue. We'll be on the Eclipse in April. Told John he has to experience Perry at least once.

John doesn't post on the boards, but did ask which ship you were on (Linda & John Reflection Med and TA B2B).

Linda

Edited by las928

I just have to ask - just who is Perry Grant, what makes him so special or maybe not - lol as I see there are some "not fans" out there too. Fill those of us in who have never seen him please.

I have never seen this entertainer. It appears that there are no shades of grey here with those sailing on the Eclipse in March..I am extremely curious about seeing him perform. Have a feeling that I am going to love his biting wit, etc. Its interesting to experience a non-main stream performer..a bid edgy and why not? After all, we are on this cruise to have fun!!!!:cool: Sailormateforyou (Sally) Cheers--a little over 5 wks to sail

I have never seen this entertainer. It appears that there are no shades of grey here with those sailing on the Eclipse in March..I am extremely curious about seeing him perform. Have a feeling that I am going to love his biting wit, etc. Its interesting to experience a non-main stream performer..a bid edgy and why not? After all, we are on this cruise to have fun!!!!:cool: Sailormateforyou (Sally) Cheers--a little over 5 wks to sail

Warning!

Perry can be very addictive........:;)