White after Labor Day?

We spend part of the year in Satellite Beach, FL. I find it funny to see native Floridians in "winter" clothes. Temps can be in the low 60's and I will be on the beach in a swimsuit but the natives are bundled up in sweatshirts and jackets.

However, Floridians love their air conditioning!:D I freeze inside stores and restaurants!

Sherri:)

I had white capris on today (with a black top & black sandals). We went into a restaurant & the hostess (Olive Garden) looked at me & asked if I knew it was after Labor Day (she was an older woman, old to me & I'm 63). I just smiled & said that I was rebelling. She didn't know what to say. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had white capris on today (with a black top & black sandals). We went into a restaurant & the hostess (Olive Garden) looked at me & asked if I knew it was after Labor Day (she was an older woman, old to me & I'm 63). I just smiled & said that I was rebelling. She didn't know what to say. Melody

OMG - that is hysterical (and actually quite rude of her to mention it to you!!!):eek::D;)

Wow! I can't believe she said that? Good for you for leaving her speechless!!

We spend part of the year in Satellite Beach, FL. I find it funny to see native Floridians in "winter" clothes. Temps can be in the low 60's and I will be on the beach in a swimsuit but the natives are bundled up in sweatshirts and jackets.

However, Floridians love their air conditioning!:D I freeze inside stores and restaurants!

I agree with you. go to the Walmart on A1A and Eau Gaille and you will see winter clothes. I wonder why the sell snow boots there. It can get cool there even in the 30's at night, but snow boots!

I agree with you. go to the Walmart on A1A and Eau Gaille and you will see winter clothes. I wonder why the sell snow boots there. It can get cool there even in the 30's at night, but snow boots!

People do travel to cold weather climates in the winter. I have several friends who take two weeks every winter to go skiing. I travel to the Northeast for business all winter long, and based in the familiar faces in the plane on Monday morning, I'm far from the only one.

People do travel to cold weather climates in the winter. I have several friends who take two weeks every winter to go skiing. I travel to the Northeast for business all winter long, and based in the familiar faces in the plane on Monday morning, I'm far from the only one.

I thought of that too. Lots of people in Florida have family back north. So they would need warm cloths when going for a winter visit. Just that Walmart has so much of it during the winter and most of it does not sell. At the end of the season it goes on sale real cheap. That is when us "snow birds" go in and shop. Not only Wal- mart but other stores too.

Edited by geocruiser

At the beach in a bathing suit when it's in the 60's? Crazy Yankee :D you know we make fun of you when you do that, don't ya?

At the beach in a bathing suit when it's in the 60's? Crazy Yankee :D you know we make fun of you when you do that, don't ya?

The best that I ever saw was some was trying to get a sun tan the pool and it was 45 degrees! He had a bathing suit on and no shirt!!

Edited by geocruiser

Sure, I realize that! But considering the temp at home is -0, it feels like a heat wave to me. And, I'm laughing at how funny you all look on the beach in winter clothing!:D

What cracks me up is the people who show up in Orlando with nothing but shorts and t-shirts in January. No sweaters, sweatshirts, long pants, nothing. It's 45 degrees and they're walking around shivering, looking like idiots. There is no "trying to make the best of it" in that situation. Making the best of it would be putting in appropriate clothing and having a great time instead of being miserable.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so glad I came across this thread! I starting packing for my 10/25 cruise and I put aside two pair of white pants and a pair of white sandals. I had this twinge of guilt. Not any more! I never really thought about how the rule originated but now it seems ludicrous. Funny how we do things about of habit without really understanding why.