How far is Paradise Island Ferry from main cruise port in Nassau?

scrappinannie

We're visiting Nassau, Bahamas on the Carnival Freedom and need to get to the Paradise Island Ferry in order to catch an excursion (not through the ship) Anyone know how far this is from where we'll get off the ship and/or how long it might take us to get from ship to ferry? We have never been there, so I don't know!:p

Thank you!

FYI, you will be better off taking a cab. The guy on board the water taxi who sings and serenades will expect a tip; another guy on board who acts as a guide and identifies all the homes of the rich and famous along the way will also expect a tip; then add to that the water taxi fee. The cab will be quicker and perhaps cheaper. Your choice.

FYI, you will be better off taking a cab. The guy on board the water taxi who sings and serenades will expect a tip; another guy on board who acts as a guide and identifies all the homes of the rich and famous along the way will also expect a tip; then add to that the water taxi fee. The cab will be quicker and perhaps cheaper. Your choice.

That wasn't my experience. Ya, there was a guy that did some entertaining, but we gave him $1 and the fare was a total of $3, so it only cost $4 total. Taxi was about $8 each way, plus the bridge toll.

Check again.

That wasn't my experience. Ya, there was a guy that did some entertaining, but we gave him $1 and the fare was a total of $3, so it only cost $4 total. Taxi was about $8 each way, plus the bridge toll.

Check again.

I am disabled and rely on a scooter to get around. Will I be able to ride on this ferry to Paradise Island with my scooter?

The real question is where do you want to be when you get to Paradise Island. If you want to meet your guide at the Atlantis you would get there faster in a cab.

A cab or van would also be more appropriate for your scooter.

The real question is where do you want to be when you get to Paradise Island. If you want to meet your guide at the Atlantis you would get there faster in a cab.

A cab or van would also be more appropriate for your scooter.

Hello,

I agree with the above, that you should take a van or taxi to Paradise Island if you are disabled, have trouble walking, or are afraid of the water.

For others though the Paradise Island Ferry is fun, that , it is a travel experience. It is an especially nice ride in terms of the scenery, and it is very cheap even though you should give a couple of dollars to the "crew". And make sure that you note where the ferry drops you off on Paradise Island and the time your ship wants you back on board. There is public beach access on Paradise Island but ask in the Atlantis hotel or another hotel and they will direct you.

Fred

These are all very helpful tips. We are taking a shore excursion to Blue Lagoon. The tour operator says all we have to do is get to Paradise Island then THEY will take us over to Blue Lagoon on their private ferry. So, naturally, my main concern was knowing where we needed to go right off the ship in order to get to the Paradise Island ferry so that we were in time for the tour's transportation. Sounds like we will be okay. And the ending time of the tour is 2 1/2 hours before we need to be back on board the ship, so we should be okay there, as well. Thanks again for all your help!

It's faster and easier to take a taxi over to Paradise Island! That water ferry doesn't leave until it's packed to the gills. It's hot and, IMO, unsafe. It lets you off under the bridge and then you walk quit a way to the hotel.

It's faster and easier to take a taxi over to Paradise Island! That water ferry doesn't leave until it's packed to the gills. It's hot and, IMO, unsafe. It lets you off under the bridge and then you walk quit a way to the hotel.

and it's uphill too!

We're visiting Nassau, Bahamas on the Carnival Freedom and need to get to the Paradise Island Ferry in order to catch an excursion (not through the ship) Anyone know how far this is from where we'll get off the ship and/or how long it might take us to get from ship to ferry? We have never been there, so I don't know!:p

Thank you!

The Paradise Island Ferry Terminal is on Paradise Island .. grab a cab ($4pp) it should only take 15 - 20 minutes to get there.

Another FYI, Blue Lagoon is also known as Salt Cay or Gilligan's Island. And yes, many scenes for the series were filmed right there.

Gilliagans Island is actually Sandy Cay.. just a little past Blue Lagoon.. north of Rose Island.. you can see it in the distance from Blue Lagoon..

Another FYI, Blue Lagoon is also known as Salt Cay or Gilligan's Island. And yes, many scenes for the series were filmed right there.

Gilliagans Island is actually Sandy Cay.. just a little past Blue Lagoon.. north of Rose Island.. you can see it in the distance from Blue Lagoon..

My cruise ship doesn't offer Blue Lagoon as an excursion. Is there a site where I can pre-book it online or is it one of those things where they have tour operators' kiosks right when you get off your ship at the harbor?

Yes the above is true...expects, but up to you..$3 one way for water taxi

taxi is around $10-12

Just did this last week and take a taxi is the best advice. $4 each from the cruise port, across the bridge and to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal (near Atlantis). From there, Blue Lagoon catamarin will pick you up. Have fun.

Archived