FYI - Upsell Offer for Mexican Riviera

whitearrow

I know there's been talk about upsells lately. This morning I received an email upsell offer on our 12/10 cruise to the Mexican Riviera -- it said it was offered to "past passengers" booked in minis -- it was $299 per person for an upgrade to a full suite. They were already sold out when we called.

Just thought those who followed these things might be interested!

I know there's been talk about upsells lately. This morning I received an email upsell offer on our 12/10 cruise to the Mexican Riviera -- it said it was offered to "past passengers" booked in minis -- it was $299 per person for an upgrade to a full suite. They were already sold out when we called.

Wow - nice offer. To bad you missed out on it.

Some cruisers don't like the movement on the aft end of the ship under some sea conditions, the Vista suite is about as far back as you can get and stay dry.

That said, I think the whole location issue is overblown personally but that could be because I am usually impervious to motion sensitivity.

Our TA called this morning with the $299 pp suite upgrade offer. Only full suites left were aft and forward. The sliding glass doors are locked in forward suites... only opened when in port. And, we were in an aft suite before and there was way too much movement back there for me. I told TA we're fine with our AA mini-suite. Plus we're Elite, so we get most of the suite perks anyway. I'm not surprised the offer went quickly.

I jumped on the offer this morning...there were 4 full suites...2 vista and 2 premium. I thought it was a great price...took E730! btw....not many kids on board for this trip...160 total with 71 of those between ages 4-12.

I jumped on the offer this morning...there were 4 full suites...2 vista and 2 premium. I thought it was a great price...took E730! btw....not many kids on board for this trip...160 total with 71 of those between ages 4-12.

Wow, you scored! I would have taken that offer in a heartbeat. The only suite I wouldn't upgrade to from a mini would be the very forward ones where you can rarely use your balcony. Some might think it's nice to have that extra room and the suite perks but I wouldn't give up the use of a balcony for these.

Again, congrats. Enjoy that suite and hopefully you will come back and post a review for us to read.

Agree with Chloedmom, I wouldn't take one of those very forward Premium suites, but I would take an aft one in a heartbeat. Nice deal you got.

Out of curiosity, since this was an upsell and not a complimentary upgrade, did you have your cabin marked "no automatic upgrade"? We are in an AA for a 14 night Hawaii cruise in April, and I makred "no upgrade" because I didn't want to take a chance on ending up in one of those forward PS's, but I would consider an upsell to any other full suite if offered, so am wondering if upsell's are still offered if you have marked "no automatic upgrade".

Agree with Chloedmom, I wouldn't take one of those very forward Premium suites, but I would take an aft one in a heartbeat. Nice deal you got.

Out of curiosity, since this was an upsell and not a complimentary upgrade, did you have your cabin marked "no automatic upgrade"? We are in an AA for a 14 night Hawaii cruise in April, and I makred "no upgrade" because I didn't want to take a chance on ending up in one of those forward PS's, but I would consider an upsell to any other full suite if offered, so am wondering if upsell's are still offered if you have marked "no automatic upgrade".

I was marked as no-auto upgrade...I got an email:

IMPORTANT NOTICES

**** SPECIAL OFFER FOR ALL PAST PASSENGERS BOOKED IN A MINI-SUITE CABIN *****

On Sapphire Princess departing DECEMBER 10, 2011 (H148)

PRINCESS CRUISES is pleased to announce a very special upgrade offer!

Cruise 7 nights in a FULL SUITE for only an additional $299 per person!!

(Plus additional cost of Princess Vacation Protection if purchased)

This fantastic offer is ONLY available through the following direct line:

Please call 1-800-243-7342 ext. 30744 for details.

** Hurry this offer is subject to availability and will not last!! ** Offer expires December 5, 2011 at 4:00pm PST. ** Applicable to past passengers booked in categories AA-AE only.

------

So maybe you will be lucky as well!

We were also marked "no upgrade". Our TA got the call and called us immediately. At that point, several aft and forward suites were available.

Awinner, the aft suites are very nice and the extra space is great... we couldn't fill all the drawer space. Looking at the wake is very nice and the extra perks are very nice. If you haven't eaten breakfast at Sabitini's, you're going to love it, especially those Belguim waffles. Yum!

Thanks awinner and Sandy R for the info. We have done one of those aft suites on Sapphire before and absolutely loved it. Agree Sabatini's is wonderful for breakfast.

Guess we will just have to wait and see if an offer such as you got might come along.

We were offere cabin 733 for the $299 and turned it down. I like my location mid ship better in my mini. I don't care to walk to the very end of the ship and as elite i have all the perks I need. I guess these upsells mean there will be fewer or no complimentary upgrades since they can sell them.

Just curious... How do know/find out how many kids are on your cruise?

No caribill, the number of children was posted earlier in the thread by someone who had spoken with Princess. The "inventory manager".

You can sometimes get this information from customer service but it is much easier if you are talking to someone a bit higher up the information chain.

As a practical matter you will likely need to wait til you get aboard and of course then it is too late to alter your plans based on the answer.

I assume you are asking about when on the cruise.

You can ask at the kids' clubs or can ask the Captain's Circle hostess.

Archived