storing luggage

Redtravel

• 2 weeks later...

The disembarking from a Windstar cruise is the low point of the entire experience. They tell you what time to leave, they say goodbye, and you pick up your luggage on the quay. I doubt that they will help hold luggage after disembarkation

Given that we will disembark with luggage, does anyone have any suggestions other than the cruise line for spending about 4 to 5 hours prior to flying home. A tour of St. Martin is not a option because we will have stayed on the island the week prior to sailing. We have also vacationed on the island many times. We will have luggage which makes a lot of things difficult.

Check with the hotel where you are staying the week prior and see if they will give you a day pass to store luggage and use the facilities on the last day of your cruise. Or check and see if any of the large hotels near the airport offer that option.

What about a day room at a hotel, or a beach pass. I have done that and it is always safe for the luggage, everyone has been nice about it. Although I have not done this in St. Martins. The Hilton in Barbados and the Best Western in St. Thomas has. $ 35 ( or did ) beach pass, they lock up the luggage and have nice outdoor showers and bathrooms to change in. Perfect. I would try a few chains with beaches in St. Martins. Good Luck have a great cruise. We have sailed 12 times with Windstar and adore it have never been able to make the jump to another line, we like it so much. Susanne

Archived