Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Discussion Topics > Hurricane Zone 2014

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Hurricane Zone 2014 For those of you who REALLY enjoy discussing the nitty gritty of hurricane season!

Old October 27th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Good news for upcoming cruisers!

My family has been aboard the NCL Pearl, Western Caribbean Cruise, since 10-23-11. The cruise line has managed to keep everyone entertained during this long week of storms. Of course, they missed Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but were able to stop in Ocho Rios & are going to stop in Nassau tomorrow or Saturday. So their Western Caribbean Cruise made it to Grand Stirrup Cay, Nassau & Ocho Rios. Not too bad for the weather down there this past week! I'd say NCL is doing all they can, despite Mother Nature.

Old October 28th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiedanslavie View Post
My family has been aboard the NCL Pearl, Western Caribbean Cruise, since 10-23-11. The cruise line has managed to keep everyone entertained during this long week of storms. Of course, they missed Cozumel and Grand Cayman, but were able to stop in Ocho Rios & are going to stop in Nassau tomorrow or Saturday. So their Western Caribbean Cruise made it to Grand Stirrup Cay, Nassau & Ocho Rios. Not too bad for the weather down there this past week! I'd say NCL is doing all they can, despite Mother Nature.
Thanks so much for the info--very much appreciated! We are going on the Pearl November 6th to Western Carribean also. I wonder how Cozumel fared the weather?

Thanks again,

Sue - California

Old October 28th, 2011, 01:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Hi Sue! As you probably know, I meant "Great Stirrup Cay," in the above post. We watched the Pearl's movement day by day through this Caribbean disturbance & felt relieved to see the ship move on beyond GSC 2 or 3 days ago. Obviously, we did not want to see our loved ones move into the Hurricane Rina zone, but we knew they must have been somewhat disappointed with the weather. Family texted yesterday to give us a thumbs up & the alternate Nassau plans, we just didn't know the ship's alternate itinerary. I really think you will be just fine. I was aboard the Pearl last year & I can see that luxurious, beautiful ship moving through just about any challenge. We had the most wonderful time aboard her last year & you will have the same this year Am scheduled to try the Sun next, and we're really looking forward to that cruise through the Southern Carib. Let us know how your trip goes next week, will be waiting to hear back from you. Have a wonderful cruise!! Joie