Private Guide in Dubrovnik? Any recommendations?

Arriving in Dubrovnik on May 28 on the Silhouette. Would like a private English speaking guide that is knowledgable, friendly, and can give us a real sense of the culture, people, and take us to a great restaurant as well as the important sights. If you know a great local guide with a nice car or van, let me know.

• 4 weeks later...

This was in response to llund as original poster is on the same cruise as me and the guide is just an individual guide no an agency.Kenwd, if you check roll call you will find some people have tours they are interested in sharing. y e mail is in a post. It is possible you can join us if you don't want to spend more than an hour in Old Town

We did the city on our own, using a guidebook. It is very easy. Be sure you walk the walls. The entrance to the walls is at the North end of the city, away from the entrance when you tender. Don't miss the monastery and museum.

We did the city on our own, using a guidebook. It is very easy. Be sure you walk the walls. The entrance to the walls is at the North end of the city, away from the entrance when you tender. Don't miss the monastery and museum.

So much more to do than just walking the wall. Also there are 3 separate entrances to the wall, the main located closest to the Pile gate, second is near to Ploce gate and third is just above the Maritime museum. Do not miss Rectors Palace and the "green" men display, Sponza palace with the memorial to the Dubrovnik men/boys lost during the 1991 homeland war.

My favorite stop is the Dominican Monastery and the museum of religious artifacts. Franciscan Monastery and the old pharmacy...just to name a small few sites.

There is no way to experience Dubrovnik in one short day, but yes it is best to spend it with a private guide if you want to learn about the spirit of Dubrovnik/Dalmatian Coast/Croatia.

• 2 years later...

Travel in Croatia and Montenegro

I have used Private Guides Team for a small group and private tours 6 times over the past 2 1/2 years

in Split ,Dubrovnik and Kotor. My first experience was with Matt. Matt is by far a 5 star guide,

personable, knowledgeable, and a genuine friend the first time you meet him. He goes far beyond the typical

history of an area, adding personnel life experiences of the town and country he lives in. His fellow guides, Peter in Split,

MS Zorka in Dubrovnik and Llija in Kotor were all as pleasant and knowledgeable. This group really tries to make each

tour unique, comfortable, safe and informative.

They have a large variety of vehicles that can accommodate any size group, but from their suggestion, stick with the Mini Bus, car or van.

You can get around the small roads and into great scenic spots that a large bus can not go. They have pre arranged tours

or you can custom make your day. I have based my tours off from their suggestions and then generally added something I had a desire to see.

Their pricing and ability to custom make my tours was a big plus, along with their patience answering my 100's of questions on costs and suggestions on which sites we could fit in a day was another factor why I hired them and would do so again.

One of my favorite add on to a tour was the village of Ston, have done it twice and would do it again.

Another item on my list of likes, they all seem to be able to add a little special site, a flair of the unexpected, on each tour, not listed, but amazing.

You can contact them at privateguidesteam@gmail.com

Auburn2

• 4 weeks later...
Travel in Croatia and Montenegro

I have used Private Guides Team for a small group and private tours 6 times over the past 2 1/2 years

in Split ,Dubrovnik and Kotor. My first experience was with Matt. Matt is by far a 5 star guide,

personable, knowledgeable, and a genuine friend the first time you meet him. He goes far beyond the typical

history of an area, adding personnel life experiences of the town and country he lives in. His fellow guides, Peter in Split,

MS Zorka in Dubrovnik and Llija in Kotor were all as pleasant and knowledgeable. This group really tries to make each

tour unique, comfortable, safe and informative.

They have a large variety of vehicles that can accommodate any size group, but from their suggestion, stick with the Mini Bus, car or van.

You can get around the small roads and into great scenic spots that a large bus can not go. They have pre arranged tours

or you can custom make your day. I have based my tours off from their suggestions and then generally added something I had a desire to see.

Their pricing and ability to custom make my tours was a big plus, along with their patience answering my 100's of questions on costs and suggestions on which sites we could fit in a day was another factor why I hired them and would do so again.

One of my favorite add on to a tour was the village of Ston, have done it twice and would do it again.

Another item on my list of likes, they all seem to be able to add a little special site, a flair of the unexpected, on each tour, not listed, but amazing.

You can contact them at privateguidesteam@gmail.com

Auburn2

I second that

We arranged several tours with Matt and Peter as shore excursions from our 7 night cruise in Croatia. The Private Guides Team was superb in every respect. Matt and Peter coordinated all our tours with great attention to detail. Our guides were uniformly terrific, knowledgeable and fun to spend time with. Kudos to Diana in Zadar, Igor in Split and Hvar, Ilija in Kotor and Zorica in Dubrovnik. All these guides made our experience in Croatia exceptional. I highly recommend this tour group. They can be contacted at privateguidesteam@gmail.com