Carnival Liberty

blondie99

I was on the Liberty just this past July and found the ship very accommodating. For the record I am in a power chair all of the time. While I can't speak of your particular room I was in 6208 which is a fully accessible room. There was an automatic opener on the cabin door which is a really nice treat, The room was large enough to accommodate the chair with enough room to turn the chair around, The bathroom also was of a nice size. The public areas were fine, the dining room was a bit tight but in all fairness my chair is very large. I was always able to get to my table. I found the staff as well as fellow cruisers to be very helpful in the buffet areas. As to be expected access to the uppermost decks was not possible. There were some thresholds that were impassible but there was always an alternate route that worked to get me where I wanted to go. There were always a few reserved seating areas in the theatre which were really nice. There was also a reserved accessible table in the comedy club that worked out great for me.

If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer

I will be sailing on the Liberty in November 2015 and I have booked the same room. That room is considered a "wheelchair turnaround" room. I am 100% wheelchair dependent and have talked to someone who was in this room. They say it is very roomy and I should not have any problems with my chair in the room and the bathroom. As far as the rest of the ship is concerned I am sure it is very accessible. The only thing I do not like about the room is that it is not next to the elevators. Sometimes trying to get through the hallways can be a challenge with the housekeeping carts. Otherwise it looks like a really nice room.

Thanks for the replies!

The guy at Carnival who booked us said that this room has a private walkway that people use as a balcony of sorts. Is that true?

We were on the Carnival Dream four years ago with a room on the end and yes, getting through the hall was challenging especially when luggage was out.

The guy at Carnival who booked us said that this room has a private walkway that people use as a balcony of sorts. Is that true?

There is an open area at the front of the ship on your deck. It is accessed thru a door at the end of the hall by your room. Unfortunately it is useless for the handicapped unless you can walk a few stairs. Normally it is mostly deserted except for sail away as it is a very windy location.

I was on the Liberty just this past July and found the ship very accommodating. For the record I am in a power chair all of the time. While I can't speak of your particular room I was in 6208 which is a fully accessible room. There was an automatic opener on the cabin door which is a really nice treat, The room was large enough to accommodate the chair with enough room to turn the chair around, The bathroom also was of a nice size. The public areas were fine, the dining room was a bit tight but in all fairness my chair is very large. I was always able to get to my table. I found the staff as well as fellow cruisers to be very helpful in the buffet areas. As to be expected access to the uppermost decks was not possible. There were some thresholds that were impassible but there was always an alternate route that worked to get me where I wanted to go. There were always a few reserved seating areas in the theatre which were really nice. There was also a reserved accessible table in the comedy club that worked out great for me.

If you have any specific questions I'll do my best to answer

Hello! My son and I are going to be in this room in September. Can you tell me a bit about it? I have looked at the floor plan but cant totally get an idea...

We had to reserve two rooms because of the 2 person limit for this room but do you think there is room for 2 roll away beds along with the other beds if they are pushed together? My husband and I have 2 kids and it would be nice for all of us to be able to fit in the same room...

Also, is this room noisy since its only one floor away from an events room?

Thanks!

Shannon

Hello! My son and I are going to be in this room in September. Can you tell me a bit about it? I have looked at the floor plan but cant totally get an idea...

We had to reserve two rooms because of the 2 person limit for this room but do you think there is room for 2 roll away beds along with the other beds if they are pushed together? My husband and I have 2 kids and it would be nice for all of us to be able to fit in the same room...

Also, is this room noisy since its only one floor away from an events room?

Sorry I did not take any pictures of the room. It would best be described as the standard Carnival cabin except slightly larger. The bathroom was much larger than normal. The extra space is just enough to allow space for a wheelchair to maneuver comfortably. The balcony was just big enough to get my chair out on with enough room for 1 additional person

You would not have enough room for 2 roll away beds. While it is true that the show theatre is on the floor below we never heard any noise. If you look at the deck plans you will see that the theatre actually begins just a bit further down the hall. Nothing to worry about there.

• 1 month later...

we did not have this room but the person in 1003 let us see their room since our son is disabled and we considered an accessible room for him. The bathroom is VERY large and the room itself is larger to accomodate turning a wheelchair. We were in room 1027 and the only noise we heard was the cleaning the deck above us or moving the chairs up there at 11 pm. It was over quickly and didn't really bother us. We never heard people in the hallway or next to us unless we were both on the balcony.