Norwegian Epic Transatlantic April 2012

wagmore14

• 1 month later...
Who's going? I'm there.

Hello ....we are on Vancouver Island BC and looking forward at meeting other guys onboard. We are in cabin 14069 just leave us a message but lots of time to chat back and forth if you want.

Talk soon.

John

Hey Guys,

My Partner and I just got back from Barcelona on the EPIC 7 day and loved it. We met several new friends aboard and had a great time but felt we didn't get to enjoy the ship enough so we booked the TransAtlantic from Miami in April. I'm Marc, 42, currently living on Clearwater Beach, FL and he is Chris, 39 from Mainz, Germany.

• 1 month later...
Keep your fingers crossed but I hope to be booking this in the morning if the price is right. Having recently come off the Epic when it did its Barcelona to Miami at the end of October I felt I needed to get back on board to enjoy it a bit more!!!:D

Booked! Together with the 5 night cruise immediately after the transatlantic:D See you on board!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCAguy74 viewpost.gif

90% sure I will book this cruise, just waiting to see if work commitments will allow me. Also traveling solo for the first time. just looking for fun people to hang out with for dinner drinks, and relaxing.

Scott

Did you book yet? If you have then you will enjoy travelling solo and, based on the westbound I did in October on the Epic, you will have no problem finding fun people to mix with.:D

I am now booked. was going to book a studio, but opted for a balcony for a small bit more. Going to spend the weekend in BCN and explore. Any suggestions for BCN?

Congratulations on making the reservation. See you on board.

I have stayed at the GBB 4 Hotel in Barcelona. It is a very modern 4* hotel with excellent rates, however it is a bit of a distance by foot from the Ramblas or centre of Barcelona. It is close to a marina and promenade plus there is a metro station about 300 metres from the hotel. Here is a link to the hotel description and photos. http://www.gbbhotels.com/hotel4barcelona/default-en.php

In February, when I do a 7 nights on the MSC Splendida, I will be staying at the Tryp Apolo Hotel in Barcelona which is very close to the centre but of course much more expensive. A word of advice, when booking Tryp hotels apparently it is best to book direct from the hotel website or the Sol Melia website. http://www.tryphotels.com/en/tryp-ap...ona-spain.html

If you are staying a few days in Barcelona then may I suggest you do at least one of the 'HOHO' open top bus routes as they are the perfect way to see the city:)

• 2 weeks later...

My bf and I just booked this crossing... We're going to spend a few nights in Barcelona then fly over to Rome for a few more nights before heading home...

I've done several cruises before, but never one with so many sea days! Has anyone done this particular crossing before? Does it get boring? What's the crowd usually like on the NCL ships?

My bf and I just booked this crossing... We're going to spend a few nights in Barcelona then fly over to Rome for a few more nights before heading home...

I've done several cruises before, but never one with so many sea days! Has anyone done this particular crossing before? Does it get boring? What's the crowd usually like on the NCL ships?

Welcome aboard!!!!!!:D

I did the Norwegian Epic westbound from Barcelona to Miami last October/November. It was so good that I booked this eastbound! Believe me, you will not get the chance to be bored despite all the sea days because there is so much to do.

See you both soon!

Thanks guys.... Does anyone have any past experiences with the shore excursions in the Azores? Are any of the NCL ones great or should we look at something ashore?

My experience with NCL is all of their shore tours are of an excellent quality but expensive. The other problem with a ship's tour is they normally take place with an unchanged itinerary no matter what the weather is, unless of course there are health and safety issues. So you could end up taking a tour to see the blue and green lakes for example only to find the cloud cover is low that day so visibility is not so good.

Last October/November my group and I booked a private mini bus tour with Ricardo of http://www.amazingtours.se which was excellent. Ricardo was an excellent guide, he has people working for him so I cannot guarantee you would get him if you were to book, but more importantly he designed our island tour to suit the weather. He knew the weather at the lakes was heavy cloud cover with drizzle so after agreeing with us we were not taken there.

For those of you interested I have posted on Youtube a highly edited down version of a video I made for friends of my last trip on the Norwegian Epic. This was the westbound transAtlantic from Barcelona to Miami via The Azores and St. Thomas of late October and early November 2011.

I admit it is not my best effort of film making but it does give some interesting views of the Norwegian Epic, the activities available plus views of The Azores. Unfortunately, the weather we had in both the Azores and St. Thomas was unusually bad but do not let this put you off. Due to the 'Azores High' the weather in the Azores is normally quiet if a little cloudy, we were just unlucky in both ports of call and in any case it did not stop us from enjoying both places.

Due to the length of the video I had to post it in 5 parts, so probably parts 1, 2 and 3 will be of most interest to people on this thread. Enjoy!

Good Morning Guys,

Haven't been online here in awhile but still looking forward to the sailing coming up. Was on the Epic Oct 2nd and loved it. Ready to get to enjoy all the ship has to offer without the stops... Either I've changed the way I enjoy cruising or the Epic is just that great of a ship that I don't want to disembark daily. I live in Florida now near Tampa so just renting a one-way car to Miami. Once in Barcelona I have some time and hoping for a few days there and then ??? Paris, Geneva or ??? still unsure.

Hi Fellow Epic Transatlantic Cruisers on April 14th From Miami. I am so ready to kick back and have fun meeting others. The Studio rooms look perfect and I have been waiting forever for them. Way to go NCL!

Hope we can start a group thread and maybe plan a shared Barcelona city tour when we arrive. Staying 5 days in beautiful Barcelona.

Mark:cool:

Hi guys,

Booked in Studio for my first solo cruise not to mention first ship crossing of the atlantic. To cool!

47 year old gay man well traveled and fun adventurous guy looking for others on board for new friendships.

Also staying in Barcelona for 5 days solo and interested to forming our own Barcelona city tour when we arrive. I am on wait list for 4 hour city tour when we arrive on April 25th and need at least 5 other interested sightseers. Looks like a superiou tour to NCL's and will drop off at our hotels.

Check the tour out at

http://www.BarcelonaDayTours.com

Can't wait to relax, eat/drink and have fun and meet others of like mind ;)

Mark

Hey there Mark. Have you heard anything from your waitlist for the 4 hour city tour in Barcelona. I may be interested in joining in if there is still room. I am hoping to stay in Barcelona for 1 or 2 days, after the cruise, and a 4 hour tour would be perfect to help me decide where to return to explore later on. Eventually I will be heading off to The Netherlands to experience the spring flowers and Floriade.

Anyone with suggestions on a nice place to stay in Barcelona? The hotels that NCL book look decent, but I am also considering a Homestay, or Bed and Breakfast. So many choices and so little time.

Mark

____

Hi Mark,

Thanks for responding to my seach for others on quality 4 hour Barcelona City tour when we arrive on April 25th. I am trying to get at least 6-7 fellow Epic passengers. They appear to very highly rated. If you go to thier website http://www.BarcelonaDayTours.com just click on Barcelona City Tour and scroll to bottom and fill in request form at bottom of page requesting April 25th date. In the comments indicate you are arriving on the Epic and you can mention my name "Mark".

The advantage is those of us stopping over in Barcelona can grab or luggage and be pickup up at port and at end of 4 hour tour be dropped at our hotels. They also seem to be able to do private tour into Sagrada Familia that avoid the long lines. Hope you will join me.

Mark, as to hotel I looked around the internet and decided on the Barcelona Universal Hotel. Close to everything, near the water and with metro in front. Good luck, so many choices:confused:

Can't wait to board the Epic in April :cool:.

Archived