Getting Married in St Thomas

bigblue82

Anyone ever get married in St Thomas while in port? If so, any recommendations of a service to use? I already googled, so I know the requirements. Looking at April 2015 so we have time to coordinate.

My honey and I were married barefoot in the sand at Magens Bay on a 7 day eastern itinerary. This was in March of 2006. Wouldn't have done it any other way! We used Weddings The Island Way (WTIW). Google them and it looks like they now have a FB page also. Owner was Tina (and probably still is) and she was an absolute doll to work with. Looks like they've grown a bit bigger by their website. They took care of it all and all we had to do was walk off the ship and look for our limo. Took us to city hall to fill out a marriage license, then up, over and down to Magens Bay. Tina, the Justice & photographer met us there. Did the deed, ate some cake, made a toast and had some pics taken. Then back to the ship. No guests, just the two of us and it was perfect. Any q's just ask. :D

Edited by highflyingrealtor

Got married in St. Thomas in February 2011 off the Emerald Princess. Stop in St. Thomas was a Saturday which was a challenge.

We used Cheryl Toner of www. viweddings.com

Her husband is an ordained mininster who did the ceremony. We got married on Limetree Beach (which had a fee). Cherl made all the arrangements ahead of time, met us at the dock, took us to City Hall to sign the necessary papers and still made a 10:30 am ceremony. It was the just the two of us, as we surprised our families (previously married seniors) when we called them all from our ship balcony @ noon.

It ws pretty cool and I would highly recommend Cheryl.

TOM

There's a thread in the St Thomas forum at tripadvisor from a couple planning to wed at Pretty Klip Point in Sapphire.

We renewed our vows at the gazebo at Paradise Point overlooking the harbor, I'll dig up the service I used, they simply scheduled the officiant and the gazebo, very inexpensive for the VR.

My daughter is interning at Perfect Weddings of Saint Thomas, and she helps set up for the weddings, and next week, she's actually doing her first wedding for a couple that will be in town during their cruise. I asked her to send me a picture from a previous wedding she's done. This one was at Magens Bay....

2la77rd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...