Dollar Bus to Charlotte Amalie

CruiserJoJo

I don't know the answer to this, but somebody just posted on another thread that the shuttle into town is $4 per person. I think that shuttle and the $1 or $2 bus is different though. I hope somebody who has taken the $1 (or $2) bus will reply and say if that bus goes into town and where to get on at. I am hoping to take the $2 bus to Sapphire when we go and people have said it goes in a loop but I don't remember anybody saying if it went through town. Then there is another bus system there - the vitran busses. It all seems confusing to me! Good luck getting answers!

Edited by TMS MT

I don't know the answer to this, but somebody just posted on another thread that the shuttle into town is $4 per person. I think that shuttle and the $1 or $2 bus is different though. I hope somebody who has taken the $1 (or $2) bus will reply and say if that bus goes into town and where to get on at. I am hoping to take the $2 bus to Sapphire when we go and people have said it goes in a loop but I don't remember anybody saying if it went through town. Then there is another bus system there - the vitran busses. It all seems confusing to me! Good luck getting answers!

Same here .... only know of the $4 pp shuttle! :confused:

LuLu

Would anyone know where we would catch the Dollar Bus from Havensight Mall to Charlotte Amalie? Is it near KMart or is there any place closer? Thanks. :)

Isn't the K-Mart about halfway to Downtown. We usually just walk.

The 1.4 mile walk to town is not a problem for most ppl but can be a long one on a very hot day or for someone not in the best of health. If walking go through Yacht Haven Grande to save time, there's a walkway and you walk along the oceanfront so not a bad area at all.

Here is the problem: Taxis (that take you directly to your destination) and the "dollar taxi" which acts like a bus can look exactly the same- open converted trucks with bench seating. The transportation that picks you up at the dock is a taxi and will charge you $4 to go to town. You might find a "dollar taxi" on the road, but before you get on, establish the rate. Many drivers will charge tourists the taxi rate instead. There are new VITRAN buses (they actually look like buses) that will also be on the road to town. There is a bus stop in front of Yacht Haven Grande, you could try that.

Ms411: I agree with you, but I also think that trying to catch a safari is tricky. If someone wants to go to town from Havensight, and they don't want to walk, a taxi is the easiest and most convenient method. IMHO,of course. :D

Catching the safari shuttle (into town) from Havensight is easy..just wave them down..they'll stop..they always do for us.

We take the free tram from the ship (docked in Havensight) to the Havensight shops..shop a bit and then take the safari shuttle to the venders square (tent market)...Just did this again a few weeks ago.

$4.00 pp one way.