Hardly Any Info on LUMINOSA????

swissmiss

Does anyone know why there is only 1 review for 2012, and 20 for the past 4 years, of the Luminosa?? We have booked a 1 week Caribbean on this ship, leaving La Romana, next month, and let alone any information from cruisers, I can't even find out where the ship is now. Must admit, I am a little nervous about all the negative review for Costa, and wondering why so little attention to this ship??

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "so many negative reviews" for Costa. People are quick to post negatively, positives get the least attention. So I would assume there is very little negativity in relation to the Luminosa - therefore - you are on for a good cruise. That is only my opinion of course. :)

We did a 5 day western Med cruise on the Costa Luminosa in November 2012. Had a ball. We hadn't expected much because of the reviews costa get but were very pleasantly surprised. The cabin was large, we had a balcony and there were plenty of hanging spaces (wardrobe each) and cupboards. The food in the MDR was very good - not steak and burgers but real food and lots of courses so you can try many different ranges. Waiters were friendly and accommodating. You must go with the flow and you end up singing and dancing. The fact that there were not many English on board did not bother us at all - we joined in, and we don't speak Italian. I did not like the buffet area too busy and am not keen eating off plastic plates, but then again I like being served my meals on cruises and so ate in the MDR for breakfast as well. For the price we paid we could not complain at all. The ship is of a good layout and although full when we sailed there was always plenty of room in lounges/bars etc. In fact we are booked to come back to Europe from Brazil in March with Costa. So we shall see what that brings. We have sailed with 6 star cruises like Silversea and Oceania which are excellent but Costa in terms of value for money came up trumps and fun.

Enjoy.

Thanks everyone. A friend actually suggested, that maybe most of the passengers on board, would be Europeans, who wanted to cruise the Caribbean, and therefore, would not write reviews on this site. The trip we booked was through Air Transat, and it is a one week cruise, and a one week stay at a choice of 3 resorts in La Romana, and the price was very good. I so take any review with a grain of salt, as I have read terrible ones, and wondered how could this be the same place where I enjoyed so much. If we are the only Canadians on that ship, well I guess I'll learn some Italian then.....

Hi Swissmiss

We are booked on the same cruise out of La romana on march 4th. This is our 3rd. cruise with Costa and we have never had a problem. We did the same cruise in 2008 on the Costa Atlantica and enjoyed it so much we booked the Luminosa this year. Love being at adifferent port every day.There were a lot of Europeans on board but we were seated at dinner at a table for 8 all from Ontario. Costa try to group english speaking people together and they did the same on a Med cruise that we took with them. We found the staff very friendly and helpful and our balcony cabin was really nice. The food was pretty good and we always found something that we liked on the menu. The entertainment was a bit erratic but we were not expecting Broadway. We go on vacation to enjoy ourselves and are not great complainers but really there were no problems and we are hoping for the same this year. I hope that you enjoy your trip and I would love to read a review from you when you get back. Good luck with your flight out of Toronto. I hope that the weather gods are with us both.

Can-cruise

Toronto

I am so glad to finally find someone who is doing this cruise. We leave March25th, then we are staying for a week after the cruise in La Romana. If I send you my email address, could you let me know how it was, what you did at the ports, etc. when you get back???

Most cruisers on Costa are non-english-speaking and will not post on CC. The product is geared very much to european tastes and not american (not the terrible "Hi, how are you" all day and touting for drinks, no steak), so that is why many uninformed people post negative reviews afterwards.

We did a 5 day western Med cruise on the Costa Luminosa in November 2012. Had a ball. We hadn't expected much because of the reviews costa get but were very pleasantly surprised. The cabin was large, we had a balcony and there were plenty of hanging spaces (wardrobe each) and cupboards. The food in the MDR was very good - not steak and burgers but real food and lots of courses so you can try many different ranges. Waiters were friendly and accommodating. You must go with the flow and you end up singing and dancing. The fact that there were not many English on board did not bother us at all - we joined in, and we don't speak Italian. I did not like the buffet area too busy and am not keen eating off plastic plates, but then again I like being served my meals on cruises and so ate in the MDR for breakfast as well. For the price we paid we could not complain at all. The ship is of a good layout and although full when we sailed there was always plenty of room in lounges/bars etc. In fact we are booked to come back to Europe from Brazil in March with Costa. So we shall see what that brings. We have sailed with 6 star cruises like Silversea and Oceania which are excellent but Costa in terms of value for money came up trumps and fun.

Enjoy.

Hi

Which ship are you going on,as I'm on the costa Favolosa 5th march Brazil to savona

Angie

Archived