Catholic Mass in Cozumel on Sundays

EileenN

We will be arriving on the Dawn on a Sunday and would like to be able to attend Mass. Can anyone tell us about the churches and mass times local to the docks? An English Mass would be preferrable, but not mandatory. We appreciate your help.

Corpus Christi Catholic Church is the island's largest and most beautiful churches. It's on Avenida 20 between Calles 15 and 17. I believe that's a couple of blocks east of Chedraui grocery store.

I'm sorry. I don't know what time mass is. Maybe Jim or another local can give you the service times.

Link to a picture of the church: http://www.mxtravel.com/cozumel/neighborhood.html

Be sure and check on board. Celebrity regularly has priests who do mass on board. They also had a Protestant service on Sunday am on board. However the opportunity to go to mass in a church in Cozumel would be special too!

Me too...our ship arrives at 7am... I'm surprised there is only on mass on Sunday.

I see you're sailing the Dawn too!!!

I look forward to seeing you on board. Hope someone at the reception desk knows the answer to the mass schedule. Maybe we can share a cab to the church.

I look forward to seeing you on board. Hope someone at the reception desk knows the answer to the mass schedule. Maybe we can share a cab to the church.

Hi Eileen,

We'll be on the Dawn 03/26 sailing! Looking forward to reading your comments when you return though. :)

Kathy

I walk past the San Miguel church located in the square every day. It is located about 1 1/2 blocks from the pier you will be tendering to. I will look at the schedule and post. They do have mass in the mornings...it is at 7am every weekday. Not sure about Sunday times.

• 3 weeks later...
I walk past the San Miguel church located in the square every day. It is located about 1 1/2 blocks from the pier you will be tendering to. I will look at the schedule and post. They do have mass in the mornings...it is at 7am every weekday. Not sure about Sunday times.

Solita...were you able to find out the times for Sunday morning mass at San Miguel or Corpus Christi? Thanks

Kathy

I am not Catholic but stumbled upon a Christmas Day mass when we were on our cruise. It was somewhere near downtown Cozumel and the church was what I would call 'open air' where there were big doors open on two sides (it was at the corner of an intersection). It was very touching even though I understood very little of it. One of my fondest memories of that day. Hope you find what you are looking for!

Archived