Shoe color "PoP"

I was just wondering what people like/think about shoe colors.

Do you like the look, or do yourself wear the look of a bright colored shoe with say a black dress, or black and white dress to bring in some "pop" of color? Or do you stay more traditional with a black shoe?

Usually I will see a clutch as the "pop" of color, but lately I have been noticing the shoes.

A couple of years ago I bought online some orange canvas flat-soled espadrilles. They were a brighter orange than I was expecting so they languished in my closet for several months. I threw them in my suitcase for a trip to Mexico and was amazed at how well they went with everything I owned, and I don't own anything else orange!

Since then they've been my go-to shoes for a pop of color, even with denim jeans. I've pretty much worn them out. :rolleyes:

I like the look of a bright shoe with a neutral dress.

I bought a dress that I thought was black and white when I tried it on. As I was paying, the clerk and I noticed that the tag said navy. Rather than trying to find a really dark navy shoe, I wore red--now it doesn't matter if the dress looks black or navy.

A year ago I got a pair of bright yellow ballerina style shoes - they're brighter than I expected but I love them.

I consider them to be the new neutral. And I wear them with everything, although I haven't worn them very often yet because I got them in September. But now that Spring and summer are here/coming, I'll wear them more (I'm wearing them now).

I have some beautiful red shoes (peep-toe heels)...I wear them with MANY things! Also, a yellow/blue/red flowered pattern pump....I wear them with lots of summery things.

So, yes...I will use shoes as a "pop" of color, especially in the summer. I generally carry a summery straw type bag, so that's kind of a neutral color.

Edited by cb at sea

I like to wear bright shoes--favorites are red or yellow--that don't 'match' my outfit, but "Go" as Stacy London would say, for a pop of color. Of course I also have nuetrals to wear.

I do this less on cruises due to luggage space, but still usually manage to take at least one bright shoe along, unless doing carry-on.