Eidford, Norway

garf1108

Hi

As anyone been on this bus excursion in Eidford as described: A sightseeing trip to Norway's largest waterfall Vøringsfossen with a spectacular view and a visit to theHardangervidda Nature Centre where you can see a panorama film of a journey past fjords, mountains and waterfalls. or their website:

http://www.fjordtours.com/en/adventure-travel/sightseeing/sightseeing-trip-in-eidfjord/#about

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, we visited Eidfjord last year. It's a really pretty place, very small. We didn't do the exact excursion you mention, but I had done a bit of research before we left, and found that we could get a minibus to the waterfall from the Tourist Information Centre which is near where you get off the ship. As soon as we left the ship we went there and paid our fare (sorry can't remember how much). Soon the minibus came along and we boarded with some other people. It was only a short drive (mostly through tunnels) to the waterfall. The bus parked in a big hotel and we were given a bit of time to walk around and take pictures, then given a hot chocolate or coffee (included) at the hotel. Back in Eidfjord there is a lovely walk (if you like walking) along the river, round a lake and back along a quiet road past fields and farmhouses, and some Viking graves (just piles of stones really!)with a lovely view of the fjord as you get back towards your ship. We were lucky with the weather and really enjoyed Eidfjord, one of the nicest places in Norway that we've been to.

• 3 months later...

Hello, yes it was very easy. We just walked off the ship almost as soon as it had docked, the Tourist Information Office was right there in front of us. We went in and asked about the minibus, they just took our money and gave us a ticket, we only had to wait a few minutes. I don't know how often during the day it runs. I will see if I can find any more info, and if so I'll come back on here.

Hello again, just tried to get a link but can't as it takes you to a pdf document. If you google "Eidfjord cruise port", look on the list it gives you and click on the one which says (PDF) EIDFJORD CRUISE PORT - Hardanger fjord

When the document comes up on your screen, you want page 18 which tells you about the minibus. That is what I printed out and took with me the day we went.

It is only a short trip to the waterfall (1.5 hours) so afterwards we had plenty of time to walk around the village and surrounding areas. Beautiful place, hope you get great weather as we did.