Ephesus shore excursion from Izmir -tour guides

We are a group of 6 passengers looking for a well-priced private tour of Ephesus from Izmir on April 2 (NCL Jade). Does anyone have suggestions as to tour guides/websites? Has anyone used aboutephesus.com?

We were a group of 4 people from the USA who toured Ephesus from Izmir, Turkey in September 2007. We had an absolutely great tour of Ephesus and the Virgin Mary's House, and a delightful visit and lunch at a local rug factory (each couple did buy a rug and it arrived several weeks later in the USA just fine).

We had a fantastic tour guide by the name of Inan Apkinar, who spoke excellent English and was extremely engaging, pleasant, and knowledgeable1

We appreciated Inan so much, that after returning to the USA and several e-mail communications with him, we sent a care package box as an additional "tip", that included tennis shoes and a LeBron James basketball jersey

I highly recommend Inan, who can be booked thru Nur at Ekol Travel (nur@ekoltravel.com).

We are returning to Ephesus 9/13/2010 arriving in Kusadasi, and have already booked Inan and a slightly larger van for our larger group of 6 people.

The pricing depends upon how many sites you elect to see, but even with a nice tip, the cost will probably run UNDER $95/person U.S.D.

I hope this helps.

ChubbyHubby

In the Europe board - under Eastern and Western Mediterranean ports there is a sub forum called Other Mediterranean ports. This sub forum has many many threads on Ephesus/Izmir guides. I guess they put it there since this port is usually on an Eastern Med cruise itinerary. Try there.

By the way - we used Ekol for our day (guide was Emre) and it was

STUPENDOUS !!!!! One of the best tours ever.

• 3 years later...

Is anybody been in Izmir recently!?!

Hello, we will be in Izmir during a cruise. We are going to visit Ephesus. We travel with 2 kids. Group trips are not for us. Private shore excursions are too expensive. Who can tell me how much it might cost a taxi from Izmir Port to Ephesus and back? thanks

Outside the port, are there agencies and / or taxis that offer excursions by minibus up to 9 people? So as soon as they fill one, they go.

It seems unbelievable to me, we can't get easily to Ephesus without spending a fortune...

We were there in 1/11 & decided to take the ship's tour (which we normally don't do as we prefer smaller or private tours). It's pretty far from the port to Ephasis ( approx 2 hours each way), plus touring time at the site, etc. We were concerned about returning to the ship on time & if a taxi breaks down, you're out of luck.

We are a group of 6 passengers looking for a well-priced private tour of Ephesus from Izmir on April 2 (NCL Jade). Does anyone have suggestions as to tour guides/websites? Has anyone used aboutephesus.com?

For suggestions about tour company and guide, please see my post, here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29731812#post29731812

Hallo

tnx for both replies.

Travel agency shore excursions are too expensive for us, Ekol too.

This morning I wrote to www.izmirtaxi.com, their site quote 110 euro ... transfer only, no guide, no entrance fee.

We'll see...

Bye:)

Why don't you just rent a car and drive yourselves? With 4 people (I assume) it should be quite economical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tnx for suggestions

our mini group now is 5 adults + 2 teens + 2 kids

unfortunately the family of 4 in our mini group prefers to decide on the spot...

then we'll get a taxi, maybe...

rgs

In November, 2011, we used Celsus Travel. It was just my wife and I, but it was, I believe, 110 euros for ALL day, with a driver AND a guide. We got to Mary's House (admission included), Ephesus/Terrace Houses (admission included, Terrace Houses are a must), lunch, a carpet factory (our decision to go), and VERY pleasant company. Our guide Yesmine did a great job telling us about her country as we made the lovely drive from Izmir to Ephesus.

I can't speak to the taxi situation in the port...but I have a hard time imagining you being very happy just grabbing someone spur of the moment and going. Izmir is too far away to just casually wing it...in my opinion.

Archived