World Yacht in New York, nice experience or overpriced?

sverigecruiser

We are planning for our Caribbean cruise with a few days in New York in October and are thinking about restaurants in New York.

The World Yacht is easy to book and sounds nice but is it? Is it a nice dining experience or is it an overpriced tourist thing not worth the money?

If it is something you recommend, shall we pay $40 each for a table by the window?

Can you recommend any other restaurants? We don't want it extremely fancy, we just want a nice dinner with good food.

We have done this many times and really enjoy it. The food is good, service is good and of course the views are wonderful. I personally don't think it is worth paying $40 extra for a window seat---you can always go outside onto the decks--you really don't have to spend that much time at your table.

We have done this many times and really enjoy it. The food is good, service is good and of course the views are wonderful. I personally don't think it is worth paying $40 extra for a window seat---you can always go outside onto the decks--you really don't have to spend that much time at your table.

Thank you.

What about the dress code? Since we shall go on a cruise, we will have our best clothes with us but shall we use them on the World Yacht? We will be there in late October so maybe our best clothes is a bad idea if we wants to go outside?

Thank you.

What about the dress code? Since we shall go on a cruise, we will have our best clothes with us but shall we use them on the World Yacht? We will be there in late October so maybe our best clothes is a bad idea if we wants to go outside?

From their web site:

What should I wear?

Our dress code is jackets or dress shirts for gentlemen, and business casual attire for women. Dark or dress jeans are acceptable. Please, no t-shirts, shorts, sandals or sneakers at any time.

Late October can be cool (or not)--I would bring a light jacket just in case.

Marge

From their web site:

What should I wear?

Our dress code is jackets or dress shirts for gentlemen, and business casual attire for women. Dark or dress jeans are acceptable. Please, no t-shirts, shorts, sandals or sneakers at any time.

Late October can be cool (or not)--I would bring a light jacket just in case.

Marge

Thank you!

Archived