Is this too much to do in one day pre-cruise?

This will be my first time taking a cruise to Alaska. Since this will also be my first time to visit Seattle (the debarkation port), I am flying in one day early. I am flying from LAX to SEA on 9/4, scheduled to arrive around 11 AM.

The main things I want to do in Seattle is to do a Savor Seattle Food Tour of Pike Place Market, go to Chuhuily Gardens, and go up the Space Needle. The only time available for the food tour on Sat. is 2 PM (tour is 2 hours long) and then I plan to spend an hour or so afterwards (or before) doing a bit of shopping there.

After touring Pike Place Market, I hope to go up the Space Needle and go to Chuhuhily Gardens (which are next to each other). Not sure which one I will do first.

Do you think I have enough time in the day to do all this, and also travel from airport, check into hotel, etc?

Also, is there some place at the Princess cruise terminal to store your luggage when you return from the cruise? My flight is later in the afternoon and I want to be able to squeeze in a little more sightseeing before heading off to airport to fly home.

Edited by renaissancewoman101

When I did an Alaskan cruise several years ago, we flew into Seattle on a Friday (that day we went to Pyramid Brewery :) )to depart for our cruise on a Sunday. Most of the day Saturday was spent strolling around the market place, the shops down in the pier area, and we also visited the space needle. IMHO you might be trying to cram in a lot if you are arriving Saturday.

I am flying into Seattle early Friday afternoon and spending a night in Seattle. My cruise departs the next day (Sat) in the afternoon. I plan to sightsee rest of Friday after I get in, and do a early food tour on Sat morning at Pike Place before boarding the ship around noon.

• 1 month later...

I think you are good. We did this same food tour and loved it. Smart of you to plan time after the tour to go buy items! We did the same thing. In my opinion, you have plenty of time for the tour and the needle and something else but I know nothing about those gardens are or how long you plan to spend there (?) but if < 2 hrs, you should be fine. We loved Seattle.

Edited by CupKayke

I am flying from LAX to SEA on 9/4, scheduled to arrive around 11 AM.

The only time available for the food tour on Sat. is 2 PM (tour is 2 hours long) and then I plan to spend an hour or so afterwards (or before) doing a bit of shopping there.

Also, is there some place at the Princess cruise terminal to store your luggage when you return from the cruise? My flight is later in the afternoon and I want to be able to squeeze in a little more sightseeing before heading off to airport to fly home.

If you are flying in 1 day early and that day is 4 Sep, then that means you are sailing on the Crown leaving Sat, 5 Sep. If the only day for the food tour is on Sat. and it departs at 2pm and is 2 hours long, then there is no way that you are going to be able to take that tour and still make it on your cruise because, barring some unforeseen circumstances, the Crown will depart the pier at 4pm.

As to storing luggage at the pier after the cruise, yes, the concierge at the pier will store your luggage for you. I believe that they close at 4pm also, although it may be 5pm, I'm not sure. A better idea would be to take the Seattle tour that will pick you up at Pier 91 when you get off the ship, take you (and your bags) on a tour of the city and then deliver you to SeaTac airport after the cruise. I don't know what time the tour ends or what restrictions they have on flight times but you will be able to register for that cruise once on board the ship. You may even be able to sign up for that tour right now through your Cruise Personalizer. Check to make sure.

But as far as that departure Saturday food tour, nope, you're flat out of luck on that one.

Tom