Prince Rupert Shopping?

We are going to be in Prince Rupert for 5 hours on a cruise ship, we have lots of things that we are going to do in Alaska, but we think in P.R. we would like to walk around, lunch, and shop. Is there any thing special we should shop for? How about lunch a fun or neat place? Please help we have never been.

We visited Prince Rupert on the RSSC Mariner last June. My wife said there was some pretty good shopping not far from the dock. PR is one of the newer stops and not many ships are doing it. It won't be crowded as are other inland passage ports. You also go through Canadian customs there. This was the only time the Mariner was stopping there that spring. I took a train trip on the North Coast Explorer, which is a private club operated train that stops at PR's major attraction, a fish cannery that has been made into a living museum. It's a colorful trip, but I don't know if they would be doing it when you're there. The big thing at Prince Rupert is bald eagle watching. In the lower 48 an eagle sighting is an event. In PR, the things flock. We saw many along the river and there were a whole bunch of them hanging around the ship. Ships also offer bear watching, flightseeing etc. For more information, try the link.

http://www.tourismprincerupert.com/

Archived