Back from EOS

jbruhn

Your just who I wanted to talk to!!!!! I have a TON of questions....

1 - Which nights were the formal nights?

2- Which ports do you tender and which do you dock?

3- What did you do in each port, did you book excursions? If so which ones would you recomend?

4 - How was the food?

5 - Who was the cruise director?

6 - How were the shows?

7 - How was embarkation and debarkation??

We did the western route on the NOS and hope that we enjoy the eastern on the EOS as well. Thanks in advance for all of your input!!

1. Formal nights were Monday and Friday, which were both sea days. The last formal night was also lobster night in the dining room (awesome).

2. We docked at all of our ports, no tendering

3. San Juan, we stayed on the ship in San Juan because we have been there before and are not impressed with it. But, do see El Morro which is kind of interesting. In St. Thomas we did a snorkling excursion through the ship which was ok, nothing great. After snorkling we grabbed a cab and took a tour of the island and stopped at Coki beach. In St. Maarten my DH took a scuba dive excursion, which he loved and we shopped. In Naussau we did some shopping at the Straw Market and then grabbed a cab to Cabbage Beach (which is next door to Atlantis).

4. I thought the food was pretty good. I loved Portofinos!

5. The Cruise Director was Clo O'Connor from Ireland, she was great.

6. Embarkation was a breeze. We got to the dock around 10:45 and were on the ship by 11:00. Debarkation was pretty easy too, however, it took forever for us to find our lugage.

As for bingo, I did not play bingo, but they did seem to always have it going on. I wish I would of stopped in to see how it was.

Yippie....NO TENDERING!!!! :D Those tenders make me Wooozzy!:eek:

I am very happy to hear that embarkation went so smooth and quick. When we arrived for the NOS @ 11:00 we waited for another 1 1/2 hours before we boarded. :( We had to wait in a huge long line for all the Diamond members to board, which is NO biggy but they trickled out of that "VIP room" about 2 every 5-10 minutes and about 99% of them were over age 80 so needless to say it took a while!!! :rolleyes: RCI needs to give them a little kick in the pants and NOT make us wait while the Diamond members sip cocktails and eat lobster! (or whatever they do in that room??:confused: ) Thanks for all your info!!

Hi i am glad you had a great time on EOS my wife and I are sailing her next Sept for our anniversary could you describe the ship a little more where to go what you liked and didn't (if anything) we went on Sov. for our honeymoon and EOS is twice as big so a little overwhelming at first would love to know more about the ship itself thanks

Cruisevirgin79

Sov. of the Seas 9/15/02

Exp. of the Seas 9/18/05

Archived