Oceans Club Levels & Benefits

Eglesbrech

Perhaps Fred is issuing correspondence in tier order, Diamond Elite down.

Pugwash123

Not so sure about that as we are gold and stay gold and got our letter as soon as anyone else seems to have reported.

Yes, Eglesbrech, Fred says benefits remain unchanged for other levels, even though the priority boarding seems to have been removed for Gold and Platinum Members. The discounts and on board discounts remain the same, but only if you pay Freedom Fare for the cruise, but that was always the case.

Not so sure about that as we are gold and stay gold and got our letter as soon as anyone else seems to have reported.

Yes, Eglesbrech, Fred says benefits remain unchanged for other levels, even though the priority boarding seems to have been removed for Gold and Platinum Members. The discounts and on board discounts remain the same, but only if you pay Freedom Fare for the cruise, but that was always the case.

Still haven't received our letter so now beginning to wonder if I did receive it but filed it in the recycling bin without bothering to read it.

Pugwash123

We are silver Oceans members, and we got our letters today. Second class post usually takes about a week to reach us here in Devon. By the way, our surname begins with B. Perhaps Fred is issuing in Alphabetical order?

Nothing has changed for silver members at any rate, and as priority embarkation has been removed for gold members, there is no longer such an

incentive for us to become gold members.:(

I see the info on FAQ says it can take up to 28 days for "new membership pack" to arrive.

We were gold and remain so (same as bershireboy from what he has written), so our existing gold cards and luggage labels will not need to be replaced. Perhaps they did just contact the existing Gold members first, though the whole way this info has come out (or more to the point not) is quite ridiculous. Going into 'Manage my Cruises', the details of blue etc are still there even now.

Having said that, looking at my letter, the actual changes are not to take place until specific cruises on each ship that commence between the 7th May (Boudicca) and the 19th May (Balmoral). So the original benefits have not changed yet, so blue still exists and the new levels have not been introduced.

Fred's FAQ do say that it is not possible to get cruise discount (presumably a reference to the new cruise discount allowed for people on the new levels are not available before the 3rd May (tomorrow), so looks like that is when the changes take place regards that sort of thing.

If I had not had notification, I may still be pestering head office to ask what is happening mind.

I do think they should have given everyone info that changes where to be made and what they would be before now though. I would be particularly miffed if I had just booked a cruise, then found I would have been entitled to a discount, if I had waited a bit longer.

I do note though, that the existing offers expire tomorrow, so suspect they do not want to give extra discount on those bookings.............

As it is "D" day regards the new Oceans levels (3rd May - see my previous post), I have just checked "manage my cruises" and it is now showing the new levels and the benefits to which each level is entitled. My points are correct and it correctly states gold as my level, but they do not have the right colour card showing at the top of the page - just a plain white one, so I presume that will be adjusted later.

The cards appear to be shown as they go through each Oceans level, so it looks like everyone will get new cards as they are not like the original design at all - new ones very uninspiring in fact. At least everyone can now see the details of the scheme for themselves, rater than rely on hearsay over the net.

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered that we are platinum members when we received a flyer onboard the Black Watch for their new river ship named the Brabant. Sadly the new smart TVs are still problematic although few complained about the constant breakdown in reception. The comedians poked a lot of fun about them though. They have also banned scooters which can be stored onboard to use off ship but cannot be used around the ship. The Rosario Trio has been given a facelift with much younger instrumentalists playing modern music.