Breezy Elegance Gold Wheelchair

Ski Mom

Hi everyone! Does anyone own a Breezy Gold wheelchair? I am looking to replace mine before my 2018 Alaskan cruise. I actually have two. One is a transport chair which is garbage and my regular one that was ordered for me when I was in the hospital 2 years ago. The problem with my regular wheelchair although it folds up it is very heavy to put in the trunk, there are no hand breaks for steep ramps and the push handles are so low for my 6'2 husband. I was looking through old threads and the breezy was recommended and I was just wondering if anyone had one and how they liked it. I looked it up on line and the gold and platinum model were the only ones with handbrakes and adjustable push handles. The only difference being the thickness of the seat cushion. My problem is that I don't want to order something online this pricey that I haven't sat in or tried. I did find a dealer in my area that said they could probably locate a demo to give me an idea but they weren't sure because they don't keep this brand in stock anymore. Any thoughts or recommendations on a lightweight but sturdy wheelchair with hand breaks would be greatly appreciated! I am 5'4 and 120lb so a standard size would work great. Thank you!

Hi everyone! Does anyone own a Breezy Gold wheelchair? I am looking to replace mine before my 2018 Alaskan cruise. I actually have two. One is a transport chair which is garbage and my regular one that was ordered for me when I was in the hospital 2 years ago. The problem with my regular wheelchair although it folds up it is very heavy to put in the trunk, there are no hand breaks for steep ramps and the push handles are so low for my 6'2 husband. I was looking through old threads and the breezy was recommended and I was just wondering if anyone had one and how they liked it. I looked it up on line and the gold and platinum model were the only ones with handbrakes and adjustable push handles. The only difference being the thickness of the seat cushion. My problem is that I don't want to order something online this pricey that I haven't sat in or tried. I did find a dealer in my area that said they could probably locate a demo to give me an idea but they weren't sure because they don't keep this brand in stock anymore. Any thoughts or recommendations on a lightweight but sturdy wheelchair with hand breaks would be greatly appreciated! I am 5'4 and 120lb so a standard size would work great. Thank you!

I forgot to mention I will be renting a scooter for on board the ship. The wheelchair will be used on shore excursions and for my personal use at home.

I forgot to mention I will be renting a scooter for on board the ship. The wheelchair will be used on shore excursions and for my personal use at home.

Why not use the scooter when you get off the ship? I do with no problem. It makes it easier on everyone.

Why not use the scooter when you get off the ship? I do with no problem. It makes it easier on everyone.

I am having the scooter delivered to my stateroom. I will be bringing a wheelchair with me to the airport so I will have it for my pre cruise excursions that do not allow power equipment.