Departure flight

vagabonder1

We dock on Sunday at 7am (NCL). What would be the earliest flight you would book to head home? There is a direct flight that leaves at 9:15 which I think is pushing it too close?

We are in a suite and can priority disembark if that helps us any.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We dock on Sunday at 7am (NCL). What would be the earliest flight you would book to head home? There is a direct flight that leaves at 9:15 which I think is pushing it too close?

We are in a suite and can priority disembark if that helps us any.

Yes you pushing it to early . You don't say which port or airport or day of the week.

I presume it's NCL from MIami.

I'll venture to say that the OP probably means flights from San Juan, Puerto Rico airport. It's the San Juan topic area after all. But yes, anything before 11 is a stretch. Some people have had luck with earlier flights but SJU can be a bit tricky depending on the airline and time of day. Winter (when NCL usually home ports ships in PR) is a busy flight season and you'll be docking they same day and time as Carnival's Fascination, at least. So there can be a small surge of passengers in the morning at the airport. When leaving from SJU you need to go through USDA inspection BEFORE going to any kiosk or airline counter. Usually ships arriving at 7am (like the Fascination, which I've sailed on) start the debarkation process around 8am. And that process can be delayed if the USCG doesn't clear the unloading of passengers in a timely manner. Go on the safe side an try to book outgoing flights after 11am.

I'll venture to say that the OP probably means flights from San Juan, Puerto Rico airport. It's the San Juan topic area after all. But yes, anything before 11 is a stretch. Some people have had luck with earlier flights but SJU can be a bit tricky depending on the airline and time of day. Winter (when NCL usually home ports ships in PR) is a busy flight season and you'll be docking they same day and time as Carnival's Fascination, at least. So there can be a small surge of passengers in the morning at the airport. When leaving from SJU you need to go through USDA inspection BEFORE going to any kiosk or airline counter. Usually ships arriving at 7am (like the Fascination, which I've sailed on) start the debarkation process around 8am. And that process can be delayed if the USCG doesn't clear the unloading of passengers in a timely manner. Go on the safe side an try to book outgoing flights after 11am.

Thanks! The last time I was in San Juan was 8years ago and I couldn't remember our flight out and time frame. I figured it was too close. The next flight isn't until 2pm so I'll probable switch the home airport and grab a 11:30 flight home. Thanks for the info!