Overnight in Amsterdam

netchells

We are going on a 5 night cruise shortly and 2 of the night's we are docked (overnight) in Amsterdam. We have been to Amsterdam a few times but never overnight. Any recommendations of what to do or where to go apart from the Red Light District? :o Thanks

We are going on a 5 night cruise shortly and 2 of the night's we are docked (overnight) in Amsterdam. We have been to Amsterdam a few times but never overnight. Any recommendations of what to do or where to go apart from the Red Light District? :o Thanks

Just check it is actually overnight and not departing at say 1am so it looks like you are in port two days. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just check it is actually overnight and not departing at say 1am so it looks like you are in port two days. [emoji4]

If it is the one we are on it's one full overnight and one overnight leaving in the early hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Port of Amsterdam Authority website shown as

AZURA

• Arrival: 29-08-17 04:00 pm
  • Departure: 31-08-17 02:00 am

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/en/cruises-portal

Itinerary

03 OctoberDay 1Southampton

Embark Azura

Dining Confirmed Onboard

04 OctoberDay 2Amsterdam

Arrive afternoon

Dining Confirmed Onboard

Overnight In Port

05 OctoberDay 3Amsterdam

Dining Confirmed Onboard

Overnight In Port

06 OctoberDay 4Amsterdam

Depart early morning

Dining Confirmed Onboard

07 OctoberDay 5Le Havre

Arrive early morning

Depart early evening

Dining Confirmed Onboard

08 OctoberDay 6Southampton

Disembark/

Several years ago we did the evening canal cruise, we were picked up and dropped of at the stern of the ship. One of our more memorable excursions! We had 3 bottles of wine and a selection of cheese on the table, for just 4 of us!

Several years ago we did the evening canal cruise, we were picked up and dropped of at the stern of the ship. One of our more memorable excursions! We had 3 bottles of wine and a selection of cheese on the table, for just 4 of us!

That sounds wonderful :)

This looks like the one we did!

Evening Scenic Cruise

lowactivity.gifrefreshmentsincluded.gif

Duration: 1½ hours

Cruise through Amsterdam in style on this magical evening excursion, sampling local cheese and wine as you go.

Sit back and relax as you experience Amsterdam and its sights from a whole new perspective. This tour presents an opportunity to see the canals and bridges whilst you sip wine, tasting a variety of Dutch cheese and biscuits from the comfort of your canal boat. Glide past medieval corners that regular transport cannot reach.

Seeing the sights from this different angle, you’ll take in the famous crescent-shaped Herengracht, Keizergracht and Prinsengracht canals, lined by numerous trees and monumental buildings; a wonderful sight by night.

Cruise past the famous Anne Frank House along the Prinsengracht canal, where she wrote her renowned diary and spent the last 2 years of her life before being transported to Germany.

Essential information

This excursion will operate by canal boat. This tour requires minimal walking; however passengers are required to negotiate 3 to 4 steep steps to embark and disembark the canal boat.

This looks like the one we did!

Evening Scenic Cruise

lowactivity.gifrefreshmentsincluded.gif

Duration: 1½ hours

Cruise through Amsterdam in style on this magical evening excursion, sampling local cheese and wine as you go.

Sit back and relax as you experience Amsterdam and its sights from a whole new perspective. This tour presents an opportunity to see the canals and bridges whilst you sip wine, tasting a variety of Dutch cheese and biscuits from the comfort of your canal boat. Glide past medieval corners that regular transport cannot reach.

Seeing the sights from this different angle, you’ll take in the famous crescent-shaped Herengracht, Keizergracht and Prinsengracht canals, lined by numerous trees and monumental buildings; a wonderful sight by night.

Cruise past the famous Anne Frank House along the Prinsengracht canal, where she wrote her renowned diary and spent the last 2 years of her life before being transported to Germany.

Essential information

This excursion will operate by canal boat. This tour requires minimal walking; however passengers are required to negotiate 3 to 4 steep steps to embark and disembark the canal boat.

Thank you I'll have a look at it :)

If you haven't already got tickets for Ann Franks house then you can join a queue to enter after 3pm. It's open till 10pm. Before 3pm it's advanced tickets only.

Look at the website I AMsterdam which lists all the entertainment shows and concerts on for your dates.

It's great not having to rush back either night.

If you haven't already got tickets for Ann Franks house then you can join a queue to enter after 3pm. It's open till 10pm. Before 3pm it's advanced tickets only.

Look at the website I AMsterdam which lists all the entertainment shows and concerts on for your dates.

It's great not having to rush back either night.

Thank you Maime :)

Oh sorry, see you have been a few times...probably done Ann Frank then!

I was a bit disappointed at not getting a Med cruise but now actually delighted that we have time to see Amsterdam a bit longer. We can do day trips out as well without worrying about the ship sailing off. A proper city break with the perks of a cruise thrown in!

Oh sorry, see you have been a few times...probably done Ann Frank then!

I was a bit disappointed at not getting a Med cruise but now actually delighted that we have time to see Amsterdam a bit longer. We can do day trips out as well without worrying about the ship sailing off. A proper city break with the perks of a cruise thrown in!

Hi Maime we've never done Anne Franks house so might give it a go. We've done the canal cruise a few times through the day. The last time we were supposed to dock overnight Oriana couldn't get in until the morning so there were a lot of disappointed passengers. Fingers crossed we'll be able to get in :). We just love cruising ...irrespective of the itinerary

Well that's ok then. Don't do the ships Anne Frank tour - £35. Was only 13.50€ for myself and my 13 year old! We're doing the ballet one night .Hope you have a lovely trip.

Thank you. The ballet sounds wonderful. Hope you have a lovely time too. Just waiting for our cabin allocation as we booked Saver....could be another 5 weeks before we find out but it all adds to the excitement. It'll be our 4th time on Azura :)