Regional foods, treats and keepsakes..

CSloan

We'll be there mid-October, round trip Sydney. Ports include Brisbane, Yorkeys Knob/Cairns, Arlie beach, and Port Douglas. Then Katoomba post cruise.

What are some favorite foods, treats and keepsake souvenirs to keep an eye out for?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What are some favorite foods, treats and keepsake souvenirs to keep an eye out for?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't miss OUR macadamia nuts - chocolate coated are yum!!

Agree with the Akubra, just ensure the real thing not a knock off Chinese ( you'll know by $) same with any dinkum thing you buy [emoji6]

Meat pie

Lamington

Pavlova

Cherry Ripe

Vegemite

Are all must try foods

Agree with this list -

meat pie with mushy peas (added separately, not in pie)

lamington (plain without cream and/or jam in middle)

Plus -

Pasties

Sausage Rolls

Malted Milk (milk shake, with malt)

Hamburger with the lot (beetroot, pineapple and egg)

Would love to find a good meat pie in Sydney and Melbourne. Somewhere in city center.

Some small shops make the very best.

Among the semi-mass produced, so multiple outlets personally I'm a huge fan of Harry's Cafe-de-wheels. There are a couple in Sydney, again personal opinion but a trip out to Woolloomaloo and the original on the water is hard to beat. But there is one at Haymarket pretty much city centre.

You should at least try a pie by itself or a tiger (with mashed potato, mushy peas and gravy).

Garlo's pies are also very good but I'm not sure if they have a city outlet, you can get them cold in Coles supermarkets but you'd need to be able to heat them.

Among the true mass produced Mrs Mac's are pretty good and if you are cruising from Australia with Princess they usually have them at the burger grill.

Some small shops make the very best.

Among the semi-mass produced, so multiple outlets personally I'm a huge fan of Harry's Cafe-de-wheels. There are a couple in Sydney, again personal opinion but a trip out to Woolloomaloo and the original on the water is hard to beat. But there is one at Haymarket pretty much city centre.

You should at least try a pie by itself or a tiger (with mashed potato, mushy peas and gravy).

There is a tiny shop on the wharf at Circular Quay, which also sells Harry's pies. However, I agree the original waterfront location at Woolloomaloo is well worth a visit. (Nice walk along waterfront past Opera House or through the Botanical Gardens.)

There is a tiny shop on the wharf at Circular Quay, which also sells Harry's pies. However, I agree the original waterfront location at Woolloomaloo is well worth a visit. (Nice walk along waterfront past Opera House or through the Botanical Gardens.)

Thanks I wasn't aware of one at CQ handy to know, as I'm an addict.

One of the cruiselines carried them for a short time, strewth that'd jump that line in my ratings.