unable to view shore excursions on Holland America website

Cruizann

I am unable to open the shore excursions pdf file which is located under the small map of the cruise. This is in the itinerary section of the cruise. I have tried to view the shore excursions for a half a dozen cruises and have been unable to. My DH and I like to look at the available shore excursions before we book a cruise. I wondered if anyone else is having this problem.

It may be too far in advance. Don't know what cruise you're looking at, but sometimes excursions aren't posted until close® to date of cruise. If not that far off, suggest you try a different browser.

I am unable to open the shore excursions pdf file which is located under the small map of the cruise. This is in the itinerary section of the cruise. I have tried to view the shore excursions for a half a dozen cruises and have been unable to. My DH and I like to look at the available shore excursions before we book a cruise. I wondered if anyone else is having this problem.

I get the same thing. It says 0% loaded and just sits there and never loads. I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Even tried another PC. Nothing worked, until I used old Internet Explorer. If you have Edge, click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and then click on "Open with Internet Explorer". That's the only thing that worked for me.

Yes - I tried to print out luggage tags the other day and the only thing that worked was going back to Internet Explorer. Since the Techspert on HAL cruises teaches classes on Edge I would think that HAL should make changes to allow their system to work with Edge. I have also been told by HAL that if you allow Popups in Chrome that it will work.

I have also been told by HAL that if you allow Popups in Chrome that it will work.
I do and it doesn't today. Normally it does.

And trying to download some excursions with IE just now I got:

An error has occurred trying to load the brochure.

Please close this window and try again. If the problem persists,

please contact Technical Support.

I had this issue last week, trying with both Chrome and Firefox, for a cruise we have booked (for which I had somehow gotten an excursions brochure previously) and for cruises we were thinking about booking. And back in May I could not print my luggage tags for our Bermuda cruise on Chrome, Firefox, or IE. Had to have HAL send them to me. Wish HAL would fix these problems; they'll say it's something on your end, but it seems like lots of people are having the same difficulties with the website and it doesn't appear to be a temporary glitch.

Here's a suggestion to get a list of excursions for a given port (will not have the exact ones for a specific cruise ship/date). This worked for me a few minutes ago.

1. On HAL site, choose "Destinations" at the top

2.Choose area desired, such at "Mexico"

3.You will get a general page for Mexico

4, Under Mexico Cruises, choose "Featured Ports and Excursions"

5. Choose a given Port

6. You can browse a general list of excursions available in the past for that port, but all may

not be available for your specific cruise.

Hope this works for you!:)

Edited by PSR
clarification

Still doesn't work for me and hasn't in a while.

Did you log In? And then go to your reservations? I just did and had no problem viewing the shore excursions. Plus, my husband and I just finished our pre-check. Our TA did most of it for us, except credit card. She then sends us the luggage tags. But we did print our boarding passes with no problem. And we are using Safari. Maybe the search engine is the problem.

Did you log In? And then go to your reservations? I just did and had no problem viewing the shore excursions. Plus, my husband and I just finished our pre-check. Our TA did most of it for us, except credit card. She then sends us the luggage tags. But we did print our boarding passes with no problem. And we are using Safari. Maybe the search engine is the problem.

Did the same....with google. But it is too soon for excursion to be available until next June.

We were able to view our Shore Excursions recently and then HAL did their 'upgrade' and now we also get the 0% loading screen and nothing else. I managed to print off the shore excursion booklet the last time i could view it but it only had half the cruise as we are doing B2B two cruises so went back to see if they had updated with the next cruise and now can't even see the one we could previously view... very frustrating... we check daily to see if it has changed and still nothing....

We were able to view our Shore Excursions recently and then HAL did their 'upgrade' and now we also get the 0% loading screen and nothing else. I managed to print off the shore excursion booklet the last time i could view it but it only had half the cruise as we are doing B2B two cruises so went back to see if they had updated with the next cruise and now can't even see the one we could previously view... very frustrating... we check daily to see if it has changed and still nothing....

Don't try opening the PDF file of the shore excursions.

Log in and then look up your reservation by going to "My Account" if you don't see My Account on the left hand side of the page, click on "My Account" at the top . Once you have found and selected the reservation that you are interested in buying shore excursions for, there are two ways to view the excursions offered. If you have already purchased some shore excursions, select itinerary. If you haven't, select Purchase and then select EXC tours. Your cruise will appear with all the ports listed. Select the port you are interested in and the shore excursions will appear. And then you can look at each of the tours and then select what you are interested in.

I have been doing it this way for ages. I realize that the PDF is a convenience. But if it isn't loading, don't frustrate yourself. Just log in. If you have trouble doing this, call shore excursions in HAL headquarters in Seattle. They can help you I am sure. And they might be able to help you book the excursions also.

Anybody find any progress in this matter? On my side still unable to open the PDF shore excursions on any cruise on any browser (nor Chrome, nor Edge nor Firefox).

Suggested workarounds do not work for me, when looking at a cruise in the future, I like to browse the same sort of cruise closer by which has already all of the excursions listed.

The general excursions listing on HAL also does not provide what I am looking for, not all of the excursions listed for a port, will be on a particular cruise. Also price indications are not workable in the general section :mad:

I just checked and my excursions open just fine (including the pdf) on my Ipad using safari.

I tend to use my ipad for shore excursions since I can download the shore excursion booklet into my ibooks.

I just checked and my excursions open just fine (including the pdf) on my Ipad using safari.

I tend to use my ipad for shore excursions since I can download the shore excursion booklet into my ibooks.

Nope, not here, also have an Ipad with safari, but same immage, waiting for the pdf to open, which does not happen, endlessly looking at the note that 0% of the page is done :mad:

Does not make a difference, using the english or dutch website!

Nope, not here, also have an Ipad with safari, but same immage, waiting for the pdf to open, which does not happen, endlessly looking at the note that 0% of the page is done :mad:

Does not make a difference, using the english or dutch website!

Wow! That's weird. Why would it work on one and not the other??? Guessing you cleared your history on your ipad? I did have to do that a few weeks ago. I don't know what other thing to suggest.

Wow! That's weird. Why would it work on one and not the other??? Guessing you cleared your history on your ipad? I did have to do that a few weeks ago. I don't know what other thing to suggest.

Nope, cleared them, same result :mad:

This issue was there before, I think about a year ago, HAL was abolutely rubish in offering solutions. It solved itself after some time, hope it will this time also.

The comments above prompt me to ask something specific: Is there a way to get an Excursions PDF for a cruise other than one you have booked? If so, could you please indicate how to get there?

The comments above prompt me to ask something specific: Is there a way to get an Excursions PDF for a cruise other than one you have booked? If so, could you please indicate how to get there?
I

I have. If there's a cruise you're interested in just click itinerary. Above where the itinerary is it says shore excursions. Click that and the pdf downloads.