Carnival Dream May 2018

BIGREDIOWAN

Super excited as we booked our 6th cruise tonight with the Carnival Dream out of New Orleans. I'm a little nervous how it'll turn out as I wasn't really wanting to go on a ship smaller than the Conquest class, but our vacation planner ensures us that we'll be happy with her coming out of dry dock not too long ago. Anyone have any insight into the Dream?

I just cruised in it and and had a great trip. I think its bigger than the conquest class because it's newer.

It had all the good eating places. It was an easy ship to get around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I checked again, you guys are correct, she's bigger. I got the Dream mixed up with another cruise we were looking at through Carnival. That ship was around 88 tons, not 130 tons. We looked at so many cruises lately they all started to mix together.

I am going on her April 29-May 6th and I CAN'T WAIT! I was on RCL Freedom May last year and I wanted my hubby to go on CCL this time around so he can see which one he likes better. I have been on Conquest a few years ago and liked it. I am not partial to one line over the other. My hubs might be though. But we will only do cruises when school is in and NOT on spring break or any other break.

I checked again, you guys are correct, she's bigger. I got the Dream mixed up with another cruise we were looking at through Carnival. That ship was around 88 tons, not 130 tons. We looked at so many cruises lately they all started to mix together.

If you enjoyed the Vista's size, you'll probably like the Dream.

You forgot to add a few zeros.

OP, don't discount a ship because of her size. I've sailed on Fantasy class (and smaller) ships and have had a wonderful time.

I'm sure I would, my issue is my wife battles motion sickness a little bit so my understanding is the bigger the ship, the less you feel some of the movements. So, "Happy wife, happy life!" ;p

When we went on the Jewel of the Seas in 2007 it was a gorgeous ship, but at 90,000 tons also the smallest ship we'd been on. So she had some issues on that cruise with motion sickness. The Splendor cruise we went on in February 2016 was really rough that and that's a fairly large ship so she knows that's part of cruising and does her best to deal with it. I even got a touch of motion sickness during that cruise and that's never happened to me. As a comparison it was either choose this cruise and keep building my points on Carnival or do the Allure of the Seas on a similar route. So I was looking exclusively at larger ships.

If sea sickness is an issue, consider a lower deck

And we've done that before, but staying in your cabin the entire cruise isn't obviously the ideal situation so we try to avoid the winter season if we can in the caribbean since that's usually where we cruise.

One of my fondest memories was the cruise we took on the Carnival Jubilee (47,000 tons)...bigger isn't always better! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I get it, it's just a preference for us personally, I'm sure folks have a fantastic time on the smaller ships.

My first cruise was one of my cabinmates second. She was sea sick her entire first cruise and was not going to come with us. At the last minute she changed her mind and did come. She took BONINE from the time she got up the day we flew to Miami until we flew home and was never seasick the entire time. She has since been on two additional cruises with me.

We'll be on the Dream in May also. We're on a higher deck; I hope I don't get sea sick. Never used to but with age I seem to have issues I never had before. :eek:

We're going to be on deck 9 forward, but my wife is pretty good about taking Bonine or whatever else she needs to keep herself under control. Our trip on the Vista this past May she had no issues, but the seas were fairly calm. The only time we've had issues with the sea being rough is during the winter months. We've taken one cruise in December and one in February. Both were pretty rough!

Can you expand on why?

They monkey with your reservation times, spend much of the session just trying to sell you stuff, and the customer service when things go wrong just pass the buck. Here's the whole story...

[YOUTUBE]J5I65kBC2O0[/YOUTUBE]

And on the off chance it's the good stuff you wanted me to expand on, I really like the food selections, the hot tubs, and the comedy club :)

Okay, thanks. I personally had an issue with the Spa on the Splendor that was never really resolved either. I paid to have a shave done before the first formal night as my wife insisted I do something for myself as she was going to get a hot stone massage. Okay fine, I'll do the shave, but I've got a fairly sensitive face. I filled out a questionnaire about my shaving habits and advised them I shave with the grain, not against the grain. I go back for this shave and things are going well and she shaves my face with the grain. She then decides to go over my face one more time, but this time she's go against the grain! I was hopeful that all the preparation and treatment they did leading up to the shave portion would keep things calm on my face, but unfortunately that didn't happen. My face was literally on fire and bright red and blotchy for the rest of the cruise. I went back twice for "lavender" treatments to try and get my face to calm down and was offered no more than an apology and never even received money back. What's the good of a questionnaire if you aren't going to follow it I asked. All I got was agreement and a "We're sorry....." So, I don't planning on going to the spa anyways due to this situation.

They monkey with your reservation times, spend much of the session just trying to sell you stuff, and the customer service when things go wrong just pass the buck. Here's the whole story...

J5I65kBC2O0

And on the off chance it's the good stuff you wanted me to expand on, I really like the food selections, the hot tubs, and the comedy club :)

Yikes! That sounds pretty awful. I hope you got some kind of answer from Carnival.

Now I'm afraid that if I book a couples massage I'll end up with a bikini waxing! :eek: