No Fridge

I12Cruise

We've booked one of the ocean view cabins on the Sunshine without a fridge. Is there anyone who can offer advice on what they used to keep things chilled? Here's my problem: I'd like to surprise my husband with a small birthday cake from the Fun Shops, and the one he'll like has a filling that needs to be kept cold (the leftovers). Any suggestions, short of not ordering the cake or changing cabins--lol? Seriously, is there a good collapsible/packable cooler anyone can recommend? Or is there some other way to go that I haven't thought of? Thanks for your suggestions.

I took a small igloo cooler. Holds a six pack. Asked the room steward if he would keep it full for my beer. Had iced beer the entire cruise. I tipped him and his crew extra in cash. But I usually do tip extra for a very good job by our cabin stewards. this I do also for the wait staff and bar tenders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

:cool: A good collapsible cooler and a reusable plastic ice pack should work fine foe a day or so. I to have used a soft sided cooler and ice to keep beer cold in the rooms on the older ships as well as the Sunshine.

My friend ordered something from the Fun Shops and just asked them to hold it since she was sharing a cabin with someone else. She just went to the Fun Shop and picked it up. This was on Inspiration a few years ago, I'm not sure if this service is still available or on all ships.

Can anyone tell me how to find out if our cabin has a fridge? This is my first time on Carnival and both other lines we've been on had fridges, so I guess I just assumed ours would. It's no big deal. I'd just like to know ahead of time so I know if I need to take a cooler or not. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how to find out if our cabin has a fridge? This is my first time on Carnival and both other lines we've been on had fridges, so I guess I just assumed ours would. It's no big deal. I'd just like to know ahead of time so I know if I need to take a cooler or not. Thanks!

It would help if you said what ship and stateroom category.

One way you can find out is on Carnival's website, I think. There are very few ships in the fleet that don't have fridges in every cabin. What ship are you sailing on?

Fantasy class as I recall does not have them as well as many cabins on Triumph.

When they redid Destiny didnt think to put them in there either.

We've booked one of the ocean view cabins on the Sunshine without a fridge. Is there anyone who can offer advice on what they used to keep things chilled? Here's my problem: I'd like to surprise my husband with a small birthday cake from the Fun Shops, and the one he'll like has a filling that needs to be kept cold (the leftovers). Any suggestions, short of not ordering the cake or changing cabins--lol? Seriously, is there a good collapsible/packable cooler anyone can recommend? Or is there some other way to go that I haven't thought of? Thanks for your suggestions.

Consider having it served in the DR and ask them to hold it for you

I have sailed on several Carnival ships--always in a balcony--and have NEVER had a fridge in the cabin.

All of the Spirit, Conquest and Dream class have them in all cabins.

Have gotten used to having one in the cabin and do not think we would sail without one ever again.

I have sailed on several Carnival ships--always in a balcony--and have NEVER had a fridge in the cabin.

you should do some research, most of Carnival's ships cabins have refrigerators. I can't remember any ship I have been on without a fridge.

you should do some research, most of Carnival's ships cabins have refrigerators. I can't remember any ship I have been on without a fridge.

You should do some research. Carnival currently has 28 ships. 8 are Fantasy class, and there are no fridges except possibly in suites. Sunshine and two in Triumph class may have them in suites. So, 16 of 27 ships does not mean most to me. EM

Unless you have something that could get soggy, you will be MUCH happier keeping drinks in a small cooler because the fridges are pretty weak. They keep cold things cold but have a real battle taking something from room temp to cold.

I don't know if they still have them available, but we once ordered a "water package" from the fun shops that had 6 bottles of water and a small soft-sided Carnival-branded cooler. It was waiting for us in the cabin when we boarded. A request to the room steward to keep ice in the cooler kept it full all week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It would help if you said what ship and stateroom category.

Sorry! I'm sure that would help. We are in an ocean view cabin on the Liberty.

I did try to look on the website but I couldn't find the information there. Maybe I just couldn't find it. Like I said this is our first Carnival Cruise. I can find pretty much any information for Royal Caribbean or Disney Cruise Line, just because I'm more familiar with them. Still learning Carnival but I'm sure I'll figure it out :)

I did try to look on the website but I couldn't find the information there. Maybe I just couldn't find it. Like I said this is our first Carnival Cruise. I can find pretty much any information for Royal Caribbean or Disney Cruise Line, just because I'm more familiar with them. Still learning Carnival but I'm sure I'll figure it out :)

This link is for Deck 2, but should help.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/581

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will have fridge. Suggest you keep wooden door open so stuff stays fairly cold