Parking For Galveston Cruise

Sportscruiser5000

I am planning on going on a cruise out of Galveston in September of this year, and would like to know where the best place is to park my car for the seven day cruise.

Any suggestions or good or bad experiences?

We have used Park N Cruise and Galveston VIP Parking. Both are right across the street from the Carnival terminal and it is a little further to get to the RCCL terminal.

It is nice to just walk across the street especially when you get off the ship. You don't have to wait for a shuttle. You just get in your car and take off.

We have reserved valet parking for our next cruise since I have mobility issues, we thought that would be better for us.

Whatever you do, reserve early because they do fill up fast.

Back in October, we were on a two week back2back on the Liberty of the Seas, used the official port parking, and were very pleased. $100 for the two weeks and we were able to (and did) use the car on our Sunday back in Galveston. Dropped off the bags, then parked the car, and caught shuttle back to pier. Easy shuttle service both ways on in between Sunday and then very easy with bags after cruise. Would not hesitate to recommend it to use again.

• Like 1

We use Lighthouse Parking. It is about 3 blocks from the terminal. We have used them 10+ times and have never experienced a problem. They load your luggage and a shuttle bus and unload for you. Porters are available and we never have to deal with luggage. They pick you up at the end of the cruise and take you back to your car. I think the cost for a week is around $65.00 plus tip for the workers. I normally give them $5.00. Highly recommend them.

We used Galveston Park & Cruise 3 times now. We opt for the indoor parking. We pull up at the port in our vehicle and drop our bags with a porter and then go park the car. They lock your vehicle in building. Once you park they will take you to the corner on a golf cart and then it is just a walk across the street to the Carnival terminal. We cruise with Royal Caribbean so once you get to the Carnival terminal you just walk down the sidewalk to terminal 2 where RC leaves from. We love using them and will continue to with any return trip to Galveston.

• 2 weeks later...
We used Galveston Park & Cruise 3 times now. We opt for the indoor parking. We pull up at the port in our vehicle and drop our bags with a porter and then go park the car. They lock your vehicle in building. Once you park they will take you to the corner on a golf cart and then it is just a walk across the street to the Carnival terminal. We cruise with Royal Caribbean so once you get to the Carnival terminal you just walk down the sidewalk to terminal 2 where RC leaves from. We love using them and will continue to with any return trip to Galveston.

We have decided to go out of Galveston for the first time and will be on the Liberty (Jan 2018). Appreciated your explanation as we have never parked at a port before. Will be reserving inside at Galveston Park and Cruise. Looked on google map to understand the routing there. Looks like we go past the turn for parking and circle around thru the terminal to drop of the bags. Then back around to parking garage.

We just booked the Galveston Park and Cruise for our cruise in 3 weeks. Haven't cruised out of Galveston in a few years, but getting excited!

Crossing the street to the terminal, it appears that there is an elevated walkway that leads directly into the Terminal. Is that for cruise passengers or crew? Anyone know?

We just booked the Galveston Park and Cruise for our cruise in 3 weeks. Haven't cruised out of Galveston in a few years, but getting excited!

Crossing the street to the terminal, it appears that there is an elevated walkway that leads directly into the Terminal. Is that for cruise passengers or crew? Anyone know?

Not for passengers I don't know about crew. That walkway is from a different building across 25th street. The people at Park and Cruise will take you to the corner in a golf cart. There was a traffic guard there to help with getting across the street when we were there. There is also a stop light there so you should have no trouble crossing the street. Then you just walk to the terminal. Carnival's terminal is right there and Royal's is a little further down. We were on Carnival and it was very easy going both ways.

I think that is the parking garage that they are using for the valet parking. I received an email about the valet parking and I understood that this is where they park the cars.

It would be nice if they had a parking garage that went directly to the terminal especially in case of rain.

• 2 weeks later...

We've used indoor parking at Park n Cruise (once) and covered parking with Lighthouse (twice). Both are good. Lighthouse will shuttle you and your luggage to the pier. FYI, I just booked our reservation for parking at Lighthouse online and was able to use an EZ Cruise coupon for $10 off (code: ANYSAIL).

• 3 weeks later...
We have used Park N Cruise and Galveston VIP Parking. Both are right across the street from the Carnival terminal and it is a little further to get to the RCCL terminal.

It is nice to just walk across the street especially when you get off the ship. You don't have to wait for a shuttle. You just get in your car and take off.

Whatever you do, reserve early because they do fill up fast.

We have also used Park N Cruise twice. As previous posters have said, it is across the street from Carnival, and a further walk to RCCL with the new terminal. Check HERE for some directions on dropping off luggage and finding the Park N Cruise from our last review...it's not the most obvious thing to find. I like the covered parking, but it is tight...however the people at Park N Cruise are organized and easy to work with. The trick is coming BACK from your cruise....remember, you will be carrying all of your luggage with you to the garage. (Only 5-10 minute walk, and easy.) My in-laws combined both of their small carry-ons into their larger luggage, and it was a bear to drag across the lot when their wheel broke! (Thank God for burly grandsons.) But you can be loaded and on the road before most passengers are even off the ship. If carrying your luggage for 5-10 minutes across a lot is too much, then go with one a shuttled service. (EZ Cruise and Lighthouse come up a lot as good options and cheaper, but you have to wait for the shuttles.) And yes....book ASAP.

There is also a new one that is attached to the walk over which is a Port of Galveston parking garage. It is right on the corner at the red light directly across from VIP. That is also where they are parking the cars for the valet parking.

There is also a new one that is attached to the walk over which is a Port of Galveston parking garage. It is right on the corner at the red light directly across from VIP. That is also where they are parking the cars for the valet parking.

Do you know the name?

Do you know the name?

It is ABM Cruise Parking. It is kind of hard to find info on it. They said on their Facebook page that they are not taking reservations at this time. It is just drive up. Here is what is on their page.

"PORT OF GALVESTON We're not currently accepting reservations for the garage parking but will add that to our website shortly. We'll post an update when we do. Right now garage parking is drive-up. There are plenty of spots, however, so parking there without a reservation will not be a problem."

If you know where VIP and Park N Cruise is, it is right across 25th St. from them on the corner at the red light.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Carol! Will have to keep an eye open for ABM.

Sharing a post HERE from SSB re: driving directions to the terminal from I45. Going this route helped us tremendously, and the maps make it much easier to see what people are talking about. Keep in mind when dropping off luggage in front of the terminal, the right lane is for passenger drop-off; the middle lane is where you can look and find the porters for drop off.

We have also used Park N Cruise twice. As previous posters have said, it is across the street from Carnival, and a further walk to RCCL with the new terminal. Check HERE for some directions on dropping off luggage and finding the Park N Cruise from our last review...it's not the most obvious thing to find. I like the covered parking, but it is tight...however the people at Park N Cruise are organized and easy to work with. The trick is coming BACK from your cruise....remember, you will be carrying all of your luggage with you to the garage. (Only 5-10 minute walk, and easy.) My in-laws combined both of their small carry-ons into their larger luggage, and it was a bear to drag across the lot when their wheel broke! (Thank God for burly grandsons.) But you can be loaded and on the road before most passengers are even off the ship. If carrying your luggage for 5-10 minutes across a lot is too much, then go with one a shuttled service. (EZ Cruise and Lighthouse come up a lot as good options and cheaper, but you have to wait for the shuttles.) And yes....book ASAP.

Thanks Carol! Will have to keep an eye open for ABM.

Sharing a post HERE from SSB re: driving directions to the terminal from I45. Going this route helped us tremendously, and the maps make it much easier to see what people are talking about. Keep in mind when dropping off luggage in front of the terminal, the right lane is for passenger drop-off; the middle lane is where you can look and find the porters for drop off.

Thanks for the helpful driving directions.

I have a question for after the cruise.

I'm parking at Park n Cruise next weekend.

Wondering if it's doable for one person to stay with all the luggage while the other goes to get the car, and then picks up the person with the luggage at the terminal, or if there would be any problems with that idea.

Thanks for the helpful driving directions.

I have a question for after the cruise.

I'm parking at Park n Cruise next weekend.

Wondering if it's doable for one person to stay with all the luggage while the other goes to get the car, and then picks up the person with the luggage at the terminal, or if there would be any problems with that idea.

Yes for sure , no problem.

When you leave park and cruise stay off Harborside , go from 25th on strand or mechanic and left on 22nd back to port entrance.

Edited by ssb

When you leave park and cruise stay off Harborside , go from 25th on strand or mechanic and left on 22nd back to port entrance.

Awesome, thanks. We're going to have a lot of stuff (scuba gear) that would make it difficult to drag across the street.

I can't wait for next weekend. I've lived in Texas for 8 years and this is my first cruise from Galveston

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Good to remember...we might try that too next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums