Glory Questions

dtripli

Hi Everyone

I am looking into an eastern caribbean cruise from Miami on the Glory. It will be my husband and myself and our 9 year old son. First anyone with kids our sons age to chime in on the kids club/activities on this ship would be greatly appreciated. Also how old is the Glory? When was is refurbished last? I did look at the new Vista, but we tend to prefer the mid-size ships to the megas. Also does it seem super crowded around the pools and decks? I welcome all reviews! Thank You

Glory was built in 2003 and was in dry dock earlier this year. Had the 2.0 upgrades before that. Ship seemed in good shape even before dry dock when I was on it I think. We never felt it was too crowded. We liked the ship a lot and it's a good szed ship. Sorry I can't help on the kids aspect.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Glory was built in 2003 and was in dry dock earlier this year. Had the 2.0 upgrades before that. Ship seemed in good shape even before dry dock when I was on it I think. We never felt it was too crowded. We liked the ship a lot and it's a good szed ship. Sorry I can't help on the kids aspect.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Thanks so much...

The Glory was built in 2013, and she had a drydock earlier this year that added the huge Waterworks park, which your kids will like. She also has all of her 2.0 upgrades, such as Guys and Blue Iguana, so they will be things for you to enjoy if you choose to cruise Glory. I cruised Glory 3 times, when there were 3 pools, and it could get pretty crowded on the top deck on sea days and whatnot. So now that they removed a hottub and a pool in order to build the waterpark, it is likely very crowded on the ship now. To compensate, they turned the covered aft pool from adult-only to family friendly, so there may be a different dynamic onboard than the last time I was onboard, but it definitely had its tendencies to get crowded. But don't let that stop you from booking, Glory is an amaaaaaazing ship and you will enjoy a cruise on her!

The Glory was built in 2013, and she had a drydock earlier this year that added the huge Waterworks park, which your kids will like. She also has all of her 2.0 upgrades, such as Guys and Blue Iguana, so they will be things for you to enjoy if you choose to cruise Glory. I cruised Glory 3 times, when there were 3 pools, and it could get pretty crowded on the top deck on sea days and whatnot. So now that they removed a hottub and a pool in order to build the waterpark, it is likely very crowded on the ship now. To compensate, they turned the covered aft pool from adult-only to family friendly, so there may be a different dynamic onboard than the last time I was onboard, but it definitely had its tendencies to get crowded. But don't let that stop you from booking, Glory is an amaaaaaazing ship and you will enjoy a cruise on her!

Thanks so much...I think I am definetly getting there! I wish someone would chime in who has kids that experienced the kids clubs. Although we have 4 kids....3 of them are adults and will either be back in college or just working; so I'm hoping our 9 year old will find some buddies aboard.:D

She was built in 2003, not 2013. But she is a fun ship.

My boys have been on her multiple times and her kids programs are just like any other Carnival ship. They always have enjoyed camp.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She was built in 2003, not 2013. But she is a fun ship.

My boys have been on her multiple times and her kids programs are just like any other Carnival ship. They always have enjoyed camp.

Thank you....If you had to choose between the Glory or the Vista what would you pick?

We have sailed the Glory 5 times and at this time no interest in the larger ships. Our first was in 2005 and the last this past February. She has aged very well and must look great after dry dock. The pool area can get a little crowded at times but overall its never seemed too crowdwd. You can always find less crowded areas like the aft pool area and deck 10. As for the kids program I cant help, no kids. From all I have read, the Carnival kids programs are to notch and your son should find freinds to hang out with.

We have sailed the Glory 5 times and at this time no interest in the larger ships. Our first was in 2005 and the last this past February. She has aged very well and must look great after dry dock. The pool area can get a little crowded at times but overall its never seemed too crowdwd. You can always find less crowded areas like the aft pool area and deck 10. As for the kids program I cant help, no kids. From all I have read, the Carnival kids programs are to notch and your son should find freinds to hang out with.

Thank you....I put a 24 hour hold on today; so I think I am ready. One concern is that I have never left out of Miami before. We will need to either fly into Miami Int. or Fort Lauderdale Airport. Assuming I can find reasonable flights...can you or anyone recommend a good car service to take us to the port?

QLS Transportation will shuttle you from Ft Lauderdale to Miami for about $15 per person.

We have used them multiple times

Wonderful! Is this something I need to reserve ahead of time? That really sounds very reasonable. :)

Have used SAS Transportation from FLL to Port of Miami for $15 each way. Have always had great service.

Thank You.....:)

Also incase we end up leaving one day prior...is there a reasonable airport hotel to spend the night?

QLS Transportation will shuttle you from Ft Lauderdale to Miami for about $15 per person.

We have used them multiple times

I just requested a quote from them....so thanks again...Did you do a "shared ride" or have your own car?