Melia in 6 hours?

marina.diom

Our itinerary on Allure just changed and we will now only have 6 hours at Nassau, from 7 am to 1 pm. I was going to get the day pass at Melia. Do you still think it's doable and worth it? Was hoping to go to Melia resort, spend a couple of hours at the beach, hit the Daiquiri Shack and then head back to the port around 11 - 11:30. What do you think?

Our itinerary on Allure just changed and we will now only have 6 hours at Nassau, from 7 am to 1 pm. I was going to get the day pass at Melia. Do you still think it's doable and worth it? Was hoping to go to Melia resort, spend a couple of hours at the beach, hit the Daiquiri Shack and then head back to the port around 11 - 11:30. What do you think?

I don't think the day pass starts that early, more like 9? I'd just go the the free beach at Cable beach, or another free beach.

I don't think the day pass starts that early, more like 9? I'd just go the the free beach at Cable beach, or another free beach.

I read somewhere that public portion of the cable beach can be sketchy. Is that true? With a short itinerary I also don't know if I should spend all the time to get to paradise island. Still considering just staying put in Junkanoo beach. But cable looks so beautiful.... hmm...

I read somewhere that public portion of the cable beach can be sketchy. Is that true? With a short itinerary I also don't know if I should spend all the time to get to paradise island. Still considering just staying put in Junkanoo beach. But cable looks so beautiful.... hmm...

The time it takes to Cable beach and paradise island is about the same, 15 minutes. I think you will find the pushy vendors more on paradise island, but I've never been to the public beach at Cable beach. Neither have restrooms. The vendors were pretty pushing when we did a day pass at RIU (mad we wouldn't buy drinks from them even though alcohol was included in our day pass).

The time it takes to Cable beach and paradise island is about the same, 15 minutes. I think you will find the pushy vendors more on paradise island, but I've never been to the public beach at Cable beach. Neither have restrooms. The vendors were pretty pushing when we did a day pass at RIU (mad we wouldn't buy drinks from them even though alcohol was included in our day pass).

Thanks! that's helpful to know that the distance is the same. Still thinking what the best option would be.

The beach looks nice from the ships, because that is the view from the beach-the ships, but they do have a pool and you are close=close to the port. Melia is several miles up the coast- we have been twice, but since it is more HOTEL they are dealing with check outs first, and day passes second, so if you get there too early you may have to wait, I think the last time we went we couldn't check in until 10.