Travel insurance with Barclays.

JimJam39

Does anyone else have travel insurance with Barclays Bank? Partner has been assured that the travel insurance pack he's added includes cruise cover for all the specific things that could go wrong on a cruise (cancelled cruise, late disembarkation, missed ports etc), but when I look online at their general information it only mentions; winter sport, golf and business cover as additional optional extras. Need to pay my final balance today so need to know for sure if the travel insurance we have covers us.

If you need to know for sure, then I suggest you contact the insurer directly for confirmation. Hopefully it is included.

My partner spoke to them, they assured him it's all on there but I was just being cautious as although verbally they've stated it's included it's not listed on their generic online information. I'm presuming they will send out paperwork to confirm everything in writing but I need to pay my balance today.

I really would check that your insurance includes things like Medical repatriation - including removal by helicopter if necessary and that if you have to cancel you get the full amount of your holiday back. Many insurance companies have a limit of how much they pay out in the event of a cancellation. Many will have a limit of between £5,000 and £10,000 - this may be enough but for many cruises it won't be depending on the length of the cruise and the grade of cabin chosen.

On our forthcoming long cruise I had great difficulty in finding a company that would pay out in full the cost of the cruise if we had to cancel.

If you have to know all the details today, then I suggest you consider cancelling the Barclays one and find an online Insurance provider which will issue the full policy details electronically - either by email or by downloading a PDF. If Barclays are posting it out by snail mail and you have to know today, then I see no other alternative unless you contact Barclays yourself and get whatever level of re-assurance you are seeking.

As balf suggest, look for it on line, and whatever definitely get it in writing, and take a copy with you. Insurers are very good at not paying out on any excuse! It took me 3 months to get a refund from Sage, when we had to cancel a cruise when my wife had cancer.

Any paperwork sent to you will be the same as that available to view before purchase. This is available online.

LV do specifically mention cancellation of excursions. I would compare Barclays with their policy as if it isn't in there you aren't covered.

My parents found out the hard way about what wasn't covered in a policy when their passports were stolen. Replacing them cost 4 figures.