Is Orient Beach still messed up?

jordanaire

Anyone have any recent pics of Orient Beach that they could post here? We will be there on January 22 and was looking forward to seeing our "heaven on earth". From what I've read on these boards, the hurricane did quite a bit of damage and seaweed galore now pollutes the beach. Going to Orient Beach was the reason we chose this particular cruise. Would it be a waste of time and money to go to this beach now?

:cool:Bill

I was there last Wednesday off the Breeze. I didn't take any pictures. They're all mental images.

I also remember it as heaven on earth.

When I saw that beach, I couldn't believe it. It really was a shocker.

However, facing the ocean, to your left, all the way down, the water was much clearer.

Hubby wanted to grab a taxi and head back to the ship. We stayed and made the best of it at Kakao Beach Club. Beach service was on point.

Seeing what I saw, I would definitely not spend the time venturing over there. I would do research and find something better.

• 2 weeks later...
My son and I go there on Feb 5th on the Freedom and we also would hope that it would be fixed by then. Any updates would also be greatly appreciated.

Same for us, see you on board but not sure if we will do Orient this trip.Still looking for any updates.

Anyone have any recent pics of Orient Beach that they could post here? We will be there on January 22 and was looking forward to seeing our "heaven on earth". From what I've read on these boards, the hurricane did quite a bit of damage and seaweed galore now pollutes the beach. Going to Orient Beach was the reason we chose this particular cruise. Would it be a waste of time and money to go to this beach now?

:cool:Bill

We were there on xmas day. Docked @ 9;00 and were on the beach by 9;30, stayed til 3;30.

Ask the cab driver to take you to Orange Fever, middle of the beach near Club Orient, For $7/pp you get lounge with a thicker cushion, an umbrella and a free drink - wine, beer, rum punch etc. Their food was good, reasonable, and they have a bathroom. Damage to their building has been repaired. Not much seaweed there, they had somebody raking it off the beach when we got there. Had a great day there.

Cab was $7.00 if you wait til driver has 6 passengers, only took a few minutes.

I wouldn't hesitate to go