Help Me Convince Hubby!

I want so badly to get my DH on a Royal cruise! We've done Carnival twice and will go again this Thanksgiving, but having cruised with Royal Caribbean before, I really feel that we're sacrificing quality for a better price. What do y'all have to say about the Navigator??? Any helpful information that would sway him to my side? ;)

I want so badly to get my DH on a Royal cruise! We've done Carnival twice and will go again this Thanksgiving, but having cruised with Royal Caribbean before, I really feel that we're sacrificing quality for a better price. What do y'all have to say about the Navigator??? Any helpful information that would sway him to my side? ;)

Navigator is newly revitalized. Would your husband be interested in the flowrider?

What do you mean sacrificing quality for a better price? RCCL is supposed to have better quality, but comparable price. For us, Royal is cheaper! Tell him that if you think Carnival is great, RCCL is amazing. Also, the loyalty program, Crown and Anchor Society, has much better benefits vs VIFP. Navigator just got upgraded so it should be amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse all of the inevitable typos!!! :eek: Curse tablet keyboards!

It seems he enjoys cruising, so that is good. What did you like on Royal, that isn't on the Carnival ship that he might enjoy? Would it be the Flowrider -- is so, then use that as the 'carrot'. I have never been on Carnival, so I can't say what is better or not; or different.

I wonder, what you mean by "I really feel that we're sacrificing quality for a better price"?

Most Royal Caribbean cruisers always point out that there is always plenty to do, if you want it and that the entertainment is very good.

Food to me is Food; I find good food wherever I go, simple as that.

We have cruised both and for us we find RCI to be much better across the board. We did a back to back on Navigator and it was fantastic. Navigator has just been updated and is even better than ever. I fully realize that Carnival may have a lower price but for us I am happy to pay a bit more for a better cruise. We have to save every penny to take them but its well worth the extra price to us as we have never been disappointed in our cruises with RCI. We were with Carnival.

My Royal Caribbean cruise came in at $200/person (balcony) compared to a comparable Carnival cruise. I was shocked because I always believed Carnival was cheaper across the board! Not so! Maybe find a cruise that is cheaper on RCI and he won't be able to refuse! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have sailed on Carnival four times in the past. In comparison, we discovered that Royal has more to offer us.

What does the Navigator have that you husband would enjoy? Is the price on a comparable cruise? The activities? Amenities? Shore excursions? Find out then tell him about it.

Good luck!

Edited by JimAOk1945

Last fall I gave my family (6 of us ages 21-25 and 47 the option go on Carnival with more port stops which we like or go on Royal hands down they said Royal they like the food and entertainment much better!

Hubby and I are leaving Sat on the Jewel had originally thought of the Freedom again but had 3 sea days tried to sway him towards Carnival at the time as they had more stops and was cheaper he was not interested!!!

I would go on Royal as well. Just seems like it would meet your needs better at this point in time. I've been on the Serenade from San Juan-Barcelona in April 2012, Navigator from New Orleans to Rome last April and will be on the Splendour from Santos(Sao Paulo) Brazil-Barcelona.

I have been on three different classes of Royal Caribbean ships and from what I've experienced I know that Royal fits my needs at the present time.

I wonder, what you mean by "I really feel that we're sacrificing quality for a better price"?

I just mean that we've found some better deals on Carnival, but I feel like Royal is worth the extra $$$ because of all of the great activities and much better service.

Thanks for bringing up Flowrider, I think he would be interested in that!

I just mean that we've found some better deals on Carnival, but I feel like Royal is worth the extra $$$ because of all of the great activities and much better service.

Thanks for bringing up Flowrider, I think he would be interested in that!

When you say: "I really feel that we're sacrificing quality for a better price" -- if you believe that there better activities and better service, then you are getting more for you money, even if you are spending a little more.

People often say, service is declining on Royal (and on other cruise lines as well), yet from what I hear from others (DH and I have only cruised Royal), there is much more entertainment on Royal cruises than on other lines.

I would be very unhappy if I had less things to do and less entertainment when I was cruising.

We love Royal, the more activities for us the better on our cruising vacation.

Thanks everyone! I am going to show him all of these replies. I think when he sees how many of you would go RCCL vs Carnival he will be willing to give them a try!!!

I hope you will come back and let us know what you've decided. Happy cruising!