Ferry to Anguilla and Royal Dolphin Swim

green eyed lady

Anyone have experience taking the ferry from St Martin to Anguilla? How long was it and where did you have to go to get the ferry?

Anyone booked Royal Dolphin Swim directly thru Dolphin Discovery? It looks like RCCL doesn't offer the Royal swim which is what we'd be interested in, so we would have to book direct.

Just want to make sure of the timing...the ship is in port from 8 am to 6 pm. Dolphin Discovery recommended a 12:00 swim.

Anyone have any opinions or experiences to share? Thanks :D

Anyone have experience taking the ferry from St Martin to Anguilla? How long was it and where did you have to go to get the ferry?

Anyone booked Royal Dolphin Swim directly thru Dolphin Discovery? It looks like RCCL doesn't offer the Royal swim which is what we'd be interested in, so we would have to book direct.

Just want to make sure of the timing...the ship is in port from 8 am to 6 pm. Dolphin Discovery recommended a 12:00 swim.

Anyone have any opinions or experiences to share? Thanks :D

I would also love to hear from somebody who has done this tour.

Does anyone know if passports are required to go on this tour since you are leaving from St. Maarten to Antigua? Doesn't mention it on Royal Caribbean's website.

Yes passports are required to visit Anguilla from either St. Maarten or St. Martin. We have visited by ferry from Marigot, St. Martin. The beaches are spectacular and definitly worthy of a visit.

Does anyone know if passports are required to go on this tour since you are leaving from St. Maarten to Antigua? Doesn't mention it on Royal Caribbean's website.

As karysa noted, the adjacent island is Anguilla. Antigua is about 100 miles to the southeast. :)

gary

Are you saying that the 169.00 adult price for SM13 excursion is NOT the Royal swim? I sure hope it is because I am reserved on this for our cruise.

Got this from the description in the before you board brochure and the Royal my cruise page

SMI3 Anguilla Dolphin Swim & Beach

Spend time with the dolphins in their own habitat. The Dolphin Swim Program is perfect for you; you will have the opportunity to be

kissed, receive a wet hug and this program includes the belly ride in which you will hold on to the dolphins fins as he rides backwards

across the water. Another fun activity will be the Boogie Push, where the Dolphin will push you across the water surface while you ride a

boogie board (sea conditions permitting only). You will have so much fun that this will become in the experience

Are you saying that the 169.00 adult price for SM13 excursion is NOT the Royal swim? I sure hope it is because I am reserved on this for our cruise.

Got this from the description in the before you board brochure and the Royal my cruise page

SMI3 Anguilla Dolphin Swim & Beach

Spend time with the dolphins in their own habitat. The Dolphin Swim Program is perfect for you; you will have the opportunity to be

kissed, receive a wet hug and this program includes the belly ride in which you will hold on to the dolphins fins as he rides backwards

across the water. Another fun activity will be the Boogie Push, where the Dolphin will push you across the water surface while you ride a

boogie board (sea conditions permitting only). You will have so much fun that this will become in the experience

As I recall my cruise has both a dolphin swim and a dolphin experience. If would read title and description to Make sure you book the one you want.

I think this is a recent addition to our cruise excursion list. I woud still love to hear feedback from someone as done either!

I see now that there are 3 three choices on thier website. The royal, the swim and the encounter. I guess we are signed up for the swim as the cruise line only offered two choices, the encounter and the swim....still should be a great time, but if the royal would have been offered I would have chose that.

I see now that there are 3 three choices on thier website. The royal, the swim and the encounter. I guess we are signed up for the swim as the cruise line only offered two choices, the encounter and the swim....still should be a great time, but if the royal would have been offered I would have chose that.

The Royal Dolphin Swim is the only one that has the foot push, which to me was the highlight of our swim in Cozumel :D

Mistakenly wrote Antigua instead of Anguilla!! Although Antigua is one of my all time favs ! Guess I need to get passports updated. Wish Royal added a statement in the verbiage of the description of the excursion.

So looking forward to Anguilla!

Edited by beachdiamonds

In speaking with Royal Caribbean today the Anguilla Dolphin Swim starts at the pier. They will provide the transportation to Marigot and then on the water taxi to Anguilla and then back again. Also it looks like lunch may be included per the "symbols" showing on their website.

In speaking with Royal Caribbean today the Anguilla Dolphin Swim starts at the pier. They will provide the transportation to Marigot and then on the water taxi to Anguilla and then back again. Also it looks like lunch may be included per the "symbols" showing on their website.

But I don't think RCCL offers the Royal swim :mad:

• 1 month later...

I would really love to hear from someone who has actually done this excursion.

I've also read that we will need to bring our passports to enter Anguilla. I have also read mixed times about how long the bus/ferry rides are from different travel sites.

Calling RCI did not help as they have limited info on this (atleast the one I spoke with did)

It's booked and paid for, but I'd like to see a review.

I would really love to hear from someone who has actually done this excursion.

I've also read that we will need to bring our passports to enter Anguilla. I have also read mixed times about how long the bus/ferry rides are from different travel sites.

Calling RCI did not help as they have limited info on this (atleast the one I spoke with did)

It's booked and paid for, but I'd like to see a review.

Anyone????

Anyone????

I can't give you first hand information as I would never swim with captive dolphins but if you go to the review section on cruisecritic and look at recent reviews from members who's ship stopped in St. Maarten, you should be able to find the reviews of this excursion.

• 3 weeks later...
Bumping again to see if anyone has taken this excursion and can comment.

I said I would come back and review our day in Anguilla.

First off, it is a little frazzled getting organized off the ship to begin the day. Then a short walk to the pier where the ferry wait begins. All have to be cleared and checked then the ferry ride will begin. Older ferry boat with seats both out side and down below in the AC. Not a bad ride over about 40 min a little bumpy not too bad. If you want to see things sit up top because the wimdows down below don't let you see much of anything. If it rains though, the underside is sweet.

We get to Anguilla and get off the ferry easily and another short walk to the building that runs the dolphin encounter and photos and food. We left some things in the free locker provided and boarded a bus that took us down to the beach. When our group was called we donned our lifevests and started to recieve our instructions. Walked out to the dolphin pier and got in the water. The trainer was very nice and explained alot about thier program. We were allowed to pet the dolphin, kiss the dolphin, dance with the dolphin, then came the hug and the belly ride, topped off with a boogie board push where the dolphin pushes your foot and really gets you moving on the boogie board. The beach is very nice and after your dolphin encounter you are there for another couple hours. You can swim, beach it. Or you can also get in the water in one of the old pens and do some make shift snorkeling with a mask. Bring your underwater camera and get some shots of this for sure. Lots of fish and stingrays along with a nice coral reef. Afterwords you all go back to the shack to eat and view pics. Beef patty served for lunch left alot to the imagination....not too sure it was beef at all. pictures are expensive but nicely done. CD with alot of pics and all of your own pics for two people was $109.00. By the time you add the excursion cost and picture cost it's an expensive day, but I have to say I felt it was worth it.....just can't put a price on some memories.

Ferry ride back was uneventfull except for a stop near moho beach where the airplanes come in real low. We did get to see a couple coming in and 1 going out. Got back to pier with about an hour or so before boarding time. Bars are cheap on the per and we needed one for sure....

We loved it and it was the best day of our cruise!

Have fun!! Hope this helps! Ask away and I'll try to answer.

Edited by Brandonclan

Thanks for the feedback! I'll show this post to my family and let you know if they have any questions. My daughter's biggest concern is whether or not she'll get queasy on the ferry ride (she has in the past on a snorkeling excursion and half-submerged sub).

Thanks for the feedback! I'll show this post to my family and let you know if they have any questions. My daughter's biggest concern is whether or not she'll get queasy on the ferry ride (she has in the past on a snorkeling excursion and half-submerged sub).

We did the ferry many years ago, from St Maartin to Anguilla and had no problems with getting queasy. Now, we would like to see about taking the ferry to St Barts this time.

No problem!! I know how hard it was to find info on this excursion.

the ferry ride was pretty smooth....I would still recommend taking the meds to make sure the day isn't ruined from motion sickness. It is such a wonderful day that you want it go good.

Any questions, fire away.

I said I would come back and review our day in Anguilla.

First off, it is a little frazzled getting organized off the ship to begin the day. Then a short walk to the pier where the ferry wait begins. All have to be cleared and checked then the ferry ride will begin. Older ferry boat with seats both out side and down below in the AC. Not a bad ride over about 40 min a little bumpy not too bad. If you want to see things sit up top because the wimdows down below don't let you see much of anything. If it rains though, the underside is sweet.

We get to Anguilla and get off the ferry easily and another short walk to the building that runs the dolphin encounter and photos and food. We left some things in the free locker provided and boarded a bus that took us down to the beach. When our group was called we donned our lifevests and started to recieve our instructions. Walked out to the dolphin pier and got in the water. The trainer was very nice and explained alot about thier program. We were allowed to pet the dolphin, kiss the dolphin, dance with the dolphin, then came the hug and the belly ride, topped off with a boogie board push where the dolphin pushes your foot and really gets you moving on the boogie board. The beach is very nice and after your dolphin encounter you are there for another couple hours. You can swim, beach it. Or you can also get in the water in one of the old pens and do some make shift snorkeling with a mask. Bring your underwater camera and get some shots of this for sure. Lots of fish and stingrays along with a nice coral reef. Afterwords you all go back to the shack to eat and view pics. Beef patty served for lunch left alot to the imagination....not too sure it was beef at all. pictures are expensive but nicely done. CD with alot of pics and all of your own pics for two people was $109.00. By the time you add the excursion cost and picture cost it's an expensive day, but I have to say I felt it was worth it.....just can't put a price on some memories.

Ferry ride back was uneventfull except for a stop near moho beach where the airplanes come in real low. We did get to see a couple coming in and 1 going out. Got back to pier with about an hour or so before boarding time. Bars are cheap on the per and we needed one for sure....

We loved it and it was the best day of our cruise!

Have fun!! Hope this helps! Ask away and I'll try to answer.

Thanks for providing your review. Did you need your passports when you entered Anguilla?

Thanks for providing your review. Did you need your passports when you entered Anguilla?

No, Royal had that handled...filled out a questioner and we were good to go. We still brought ours with us, but did not need them.