Hotel suggestions in Miami

ndc1972

My family will be cruising June 15th aboard the Breeze and arriving the day before. Any suggestions on hotels in close proximity to the port that allows you to keep your vehicle on premise and provide shuttle services to/ from the port? We are looking for a nice, clean and reasonable hotel in walking distance of shops/ restaurants. Your help is greatly appreciated!

NONE of the hotels in downtonw Miami (cosest area to POM) offers free cruise parking - demand is so high that they charge their guest $25-30+/day to park while staying. :eek: www.stay123.com and www.parksleepfly.com are tow good sources for cruise parking deals.

All of the hotels offering these deals will be out toward the MIA airport -- about a 15+ minute ride to the port. Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical center may fit your neets - including free shuttle to POM. You may find even more deals west of MIA in the Doral area.

Better hotels in a better area are located in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc. with a local strip mall very close by (across the street from the Hampton Inn) with shopping and dining. They can arrange for shuttle service to POM for about $10 per person, or you can cab it on the meter for about $25-30.

NONE of these offers a free shuttle back to the hotel -- plan on a $25+ cab ride back to your car.

Yep, Downtown Miami hotels will charge you an arm and a league to park . . . more than the $20 the Port of Miami charges you. There is offsite parking in Miami but do your research on which ones to consider as this Port has less reliable options than other major port cities.

You could bite the bullet and park at the port and just find a hotel away from downtown Fort Lauderdale / Miami for less. I like staying in Boca as the Town Center Mall is in the area as well as Mizner Park . . . good shopping and eating. Beach isn't far.

Or you could stay out west near the Sawgrass Mills for cheap and do shopping/restaurants.

Both spots leave you under 1 hour from the Port of Miami.

My family will be cruising June 15th aboard the Breeze and arriving the day before. Any suggestions on hotels in close proximity to the port that allows you to keep your vehicle on premise and provide shuttle services to/ from the port? We are looking for a nice, clean and reasonable hotel in walking distance of shops/ restaurants. Your help is greatly appreciated!

As the others have said you cannot find a hotel near the POM that has free parking and free shuttle service.

There is a Holiday Inn and Intercontinental Hotel near the POM that is walking distance to Bayside where there are shops and places to eat.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com

Right now the Holiday Inn is $134 and Intercontinental is $144 for your date on LMT.

Edited by Marie51

As the others have said you cannot find a hotel near the POM that has free parking and free shuttle service.

There is a Holiday Inn and Intercontinental Hotel near the POM that is walking distance to Bayside where there are shops and places to eat.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com

Right now the Holiday Inn is $134 and Intercontinental is $144 for your date on LMT.

Don't forget to factor in parking for these rates and breakfast/internet. Both are really good downtown Miami hotels. But after taxes and fees/breakfast you are going to be at over $200 for the night, easily, and you still need parking for your cruise.

On Priceline Express deals they are showing off a 3 star 8.0 or higher rated hotel in the Plantation/Sawgrass area that will run you about $78 after tax and includes free parking, internet, breakfast. It's probably the Residence Inn Marriott (Suite hotel) and is half a mile from the Broward Mall, 6 miles from the Sawgrass Mills mall and a half hour drive to the Port of Miami.

The money saved by staying half an hour away from the port for the night almost covers your parking at the port for an entire week. Just something to think about.

Edited by kdawg954

• 3 weeks later...

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon and can tell you from what I saw it was relatively safe place to stay. There's a grocery store across the street along with a few places to eat (I highly recommend the Cuban restaurant!) :) As far as parking goes it was very secure, they have a parking garage that you can only have access to with your room key to gain entry. I left my car here for 7 days and everything was perfectly fine when I got back. I'll definitely stay here again during my next trip!, But I'll upload some photos so you can see for yourself. :)

bca3a7a9-4581-426e-8a2e-40f7c9664009_zps9092685b.jpg

ad218573-3aea-4628-8f1e-eb9bd03bc2a3_zps9f2b5b69.jpg

eb1787c8-51e6-4af2-94c8-be63dd89ddb4_zps6a0d3625.jpg

71f6a110-bcd6-4352-bd56-08a5281f8e43_zpsec535dad.jpg

Edited by jovifan78

Thanks for the responses. We got a steal that is too good to pass up. JW Marriott Marquis @ $123.17 after taxes and decided to go ahead and absorb POM parking cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the responses. We got a steal that is too good to pass up. JW Marriott Marquis @ $123.17 after taxes and decided to go ahead and absorb POM parking cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is a good deal - prices tend to fall off during the slower summer months in Miami. Good luck! :)