Air Deviation

BillPizzaiolo

How many days before a sailing can one make an air deviation arrangement? I am sure that someone has mentioned this before but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance

Bill & Jeannie

Is it in fact around 270 days out? I found that in an earlier posting. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Is it in fact around 270 days out? I found that in an earlier posting. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

The earliest you can request deviation is 270 days out. Sometimes it is later depending on the airline, whether contracts with the airline are in place, or if your cruise is longer than 60 days. Generally airline schedules are not out until 330 days prior to the flight date with a few at 360 days so it is possible at the 270 day mark with a long cruise that the flights are not yet available for your return flight.

Best to start your request at the 270 day mark and see what the air desk says at that point.

To my knowledge, both Oceania and Regent will allow you to deviate at 270 days (have done this with Regent repeatedly and assume it is the same on Oceania). Even if contracts are not in place, they will still take the booking but may not be able to issue seat assignments.

but was told the contracts weren't in place yet, and would be ready by the end of Sept. for our April sailing from Shanghai. In early Oct. I tried again, and made the mistake of using SHA, instead of the correct airport, but found reasonable flight schedules. However, Oceania did it better, providing a better routing and shaving 4 hours off the total travel time. Very impressed with that. In addition, since final payment was made, our TA requested that we be ticketed and paid so that we could upgrade to premium economy. Easily done, and we're very pleased. Marlene

Singapore Air? Am on April 11,15 out of Aspen. May I ask what your deviation charge is and whats your home airport? Thank you.

The deviation fee is the same for everyone $175 pp

If you do not leave from an O gateway or flights requested may have an upcharge plus any extra charges from a non gateway airport

The following are Oceania gateways:

FREE Airfare Gateways*

Atlanta

Boston

Charotte

Chicago

Dallas

Denver

Honolulu

Houston

Los Angeles

Miami

Montreal

New York

Newark

Orlando

Ottawa

Philadelphia

Phoenix

San Diego

San Francisco

Savannah

Seattle

Tampa

Toronto

Vancouver

Washington, D.C. (DCA & IAD)

Singapore Air? Am on April 11,15 out of Aspen. May I ask what your deviation charge is and whats your home airport? Thank you.

It's Delta. We had been looking at China Air. Our home airport is Phoenix, and our routing is PHX/SEA/PVG (Shanghai), on April 10. The deviation charge amount has already been answered, but one of the perks of 15+ cruise points is free air deviation, so I'm even more pleased. Better routing than I came up with, and no charge to book. Marlene

On our flight to China in May '05 our flight from JFK to Vancouver was delayed so we missed our connection. They put us on Air China which was just fine.

It may well make a difference (aside from the length of time that has passed since our flight) that we were in business, not coach.

Mura

Travelglobetrotter. I was told on another site to stay away from AirChina. Singapore Air is one of worlds top airlines. Goes out of SanFrancisco. Do some research.

She said she was on Delta. SIN does not fly non-stop either...

Wow. What a put down. Do some research? I did, and what O came up with was better for us than what I found, which is what I said. I'm not fond of Delta, but it works time wise for us, and that's what counts. I don't post often, maybe because of negative comments like this one.

Without a quote I'm not at all sure who gave you the "put down". I did look but couldn't find it!

However, if Delta works for you (as if often has for us) I'd take it, too.

We're doing American going down to Lima in the spring because we could get business tix going one way. I haven't been a fan of AA recently (although in years past it was my favorite airline) but it was worth it.

I really miss EOS who briefly flew from JFK to London in a 727 configured for something like 48 passengers .... those were the days, especially when we had a bargain offer at 2/1 at $1500 (r/t). They called themselves first class, other sources called them business. But it was pure luxury.

Mura