Zipline/ Canopy tours in Roatan

wannagonow123

This is the 2nd time we've zip lined with him....he can tell you about weight restrictions and pump concerns. They are all about safety, so if he says it is ok, you can trust him! Keep in mind, it is a fairly strenuous hike to the first platform and then between platforms....he has 13 zips in total.

I have been on two zip line excursions in Roatan at two different sites. We had a heavier woman in our group (280#) and she was fine. Her first time and one on the larger guides tandemed with her on a few lines. Also had a rather big gentleman tagging along too and he did just fine. I think you should be just fine. It is a great experience. Hope you do that. We used Juan Carlos for the day and he took us to lots of fun spots that met our needs including zip line, local food, beach and some shopping. Have fun.

We did the one thru carnival, I think called canopy tour and beach break. It had a 200# limit for women and 225# for men. They made you sign something that you were under. They didn't weigh you. The reason being is you have to help hoist yourself up to clip onto the zipline. The young men that were working also helped, sometimes giving you a boost with their knee or shoulder.

• 1 month later...
This is the 2nd time we've zip lined with him....he can tell you about weight restrictions and pump concerns. They are all about safety, so if he says it is ok, you can trust him! Keep in mind, it is a fairly strenuous hike to the first platform and then between platforms....he has 13 zips in total.

How strenuous? I'm an old fat man lol... I'm also scared of heights. How high up are these lines would you say?

The one we did (canopy tour and beach break via carnival) dropped us off right at the top where there was a deck built. There was no hiking at all. I couldn't tell you how high the lines were. Enough that it would hurt if you fell, lol